WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I own 3 SM watches, and I'm a fan of vintage inspired watches.
When San Martin released the Vintage GMT, I was very excited, but to me it looked like the vintage Diver with a GMT hand .. I don't know if I'm the only one here to love the 60's/70's GMT watches, so I took it to myself to present/suggest a few small changes to San Martin for an SN005 V2.

Here is my 3 options/suggestions : Inspired by the Rolex 1675, the Heuer GMT and the Tudor GMT :

• 39mm
  • Bidirectional Bezel is very important, a well executed aluminium one would be perfect, also the coast will drop somewhat.
  • Female End links for a more vintaguesque look
  • A well executed date window cyclops x2.5 (used on 60's Rolex GMT) as the movement used by San Martin already has the date function.
  • I replaced the Mercedes hands with the pencil hands used on the V3 of the Vintage Diver for more of a unique look.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

White lume or Yellow lume ... It would depend on what the majority prefers.
What do you guys think ?
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Rectangle
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font
Watch Analog watch Clock Rectangle Watch accessory

Attachments

Registered
For me it is necessary to change 2 things:
The size, 38-39 mm would be perfect!
The color of the bezel, the red is too light, if possible darker colors.
But very important, keep the sapphire or Bakelite bezel. Try to get as close as possible to 6542 Pussy Galore. I can't wait !!!! 馃檪

Registered
Late to the thread, but 100% agree. Makes zero sense to homage a GMT watch if you get rid of the date window. Also would love for them to update it with a date window while keeping a white dial option. Would be a great homage to the albino GMT.

Registered
Late to the thread, but 100% agree. Makes zero sense to homage a GMT watch if you get rid of the date window. Also would love for them to update it with a date window while keeping a white dial option. Would be a great homage to the albino GMT.
Just realised there was an old version of this watch with a yellow border around the indicies. I reckon these look even nicer than the current version, where the indicies look to be more roughly applied, but again, same problem in that there is no date window + cyclops (photo below from google image search):

Watch Analog watch Clock Font Watch accessory

1 - 5 of 5 Posts