WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a Sandoz Quartz Submariner on E-Bay for about $200. Can I go into twenty feet of water with it? Thank you

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I think it is rated at 100M (or maybe 200M) so theoretically, yes. But without a recent pressure test, you are taking a small chance probably...

·
Registered
652 Posts
I had one once - and there was a stem issue - which would definitely lead to waterproofing issues.

And they are definitely overpriced.

But what's not?

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
I am looking at a Sandoz Quartz Submariner on E-Bay for about $200. Can I go into twenty feet of water with it? Thank you
If it's quartz - $200 is way way too much for it, that is automatic territory.
If you want a Sub copy why not get Invicta quartz 8932 for $58 on amazon. I'd never normally recommend an Invicta, but in this case....
Even better (for quartz), get a Casio MDV106 for $40 off Amazon and swim with no worries.

Sandoz Quartz Submariner caseback says "Water resistant", which is code for - ok in a rain or occasional splash, but don't even think about going into water with it.
Frankly, for a diver styled watch (and a ripoff of one of the greatest diver watches), that is ridiculously absent water resistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts