WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just the 356 Flieger II SA?
What about the sapphire models of the 103 and 256? Are they domed, but in a shallower, more normal amount?
I'm considering a few Sinns for my next purchase (either that or a sapphire sandwich Speedmaster Pro).
The concept of deeply domed sapphire has peaked my interest though. Especially the Copper dialed 356...what a beauty.
Any info, or shots of the 356 sapphire from all angles would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Is it just the 356 Flieger II SA?
What about the sapphire models of the 103 and 256? Are they domed, but in a shallower, more normal amount?
I'm considering a few Sinns for my next purchase (either that or a sapphire sandwich Speedmaster Pro).
The concept of deeply domed sapphire has peaked my interest though. Especially the Copper dialed 356...what a beauty.
Any info, or shots of the 356 sapphire from all angles would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi Dennis,

the domed sapphire is available for the 356 and 103 Ty models.

You can check for yourself on page 162 of the latest (2005) English catalogue (the whole catalogue is available online: http://www.sinn.de/ENGLISH/CATALOG-2005/index.html ), or page 167 of the 2006 German language catalogue.

Page 15 of the German catalogue mentions even that the 103 St model is available with domed sapphire, but I haven't found that statement confirmed anywhere else.

Hope this helps.

Kurt

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
My understanding is the high-domed sapphire is an alternative for the 356 and the 103, though given the multitude of 103 models produced throughout the years, I would double-check whether it fits the 103 model one is thinking about.

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
Re: Sinn 6000 has it as well ...

Don't mean to be disrespectful, Frankier, but that isn't nearly as high-domed as the 103/356 crystals.

Here are comparison pictures of a plane, a domed, and the special Sinn high-domed sapphire crystals:

plane:

domed:

high-domed:

One can see that the high-domed crystals are much closer in curvature to domed acrylics than (regular) domed sapphires.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Re: Sinn 6000 has it as well ...

No problem.

I was not aware of the difference.

Thanks for pointing that out. :-!

Don't mean to be disrespectful, Frankier, but that isn't nearly as high-domed as the 103/356 crystals.

Here are comparison pictures of a plane, a domed, and the special Sinn high-domed sapphire crystals:

plane:

domed:

high-domed:

One can see that the high-domed crystals are much closer in curvature to domed acrylics than (regular) domed sapphires.

·
Registered
908 Posts
May we see a few wrist shots and other scans about this watch?

I'm playing with the idea to choose the same watch w/o UTC, just wanna collect a few opinions and shots.

Thx! Regards: Robertus

1 - 8 of 8 Posts