WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,380 Posts
One small clarification; the DSAR was basically the traditional SAR, but with a mistake on the dial that indicated "H3" and the tritium symbol when in fact the dial and hands have more traditional lume. They were a one-off run of "mistakes" that make them a bit more unique.:p

· Registered
3,380 Posts
I used to own a SAR-D, and if memory serves me correctly, doesn't the "D" stand for "defect"; as in the incorrect dial as mentioned above. :)
I think you are right; all the "SAR" nicknames are just that, nicknames; the actual Marathon name for the watches is "wrist watch, dive" I think:roll: as printed on the caseback for gov't orders. J was "Jumbo", C was "chronograph" T was tritium. G....hmmmm, I think that even though the plain luminova SAR was the first model, the Tritium G model was actually what was envisioned for large "Government" orders.....

If you do a forum search here on WUS, both in the dive forum and the pilot/military forum, you will find TONS of info. Also, don't forget that it originated on the MWR forum at broadarrow.net.

SAR myth and mythology....fun stuff, great watches! I've owned about 10, have none now, and MISS THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.