WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on the forums for a relatively short while, I have visited several Rolex ADs, and I have heard the stories of how limited the SS Daytonas are. Imagine my surprise when I walked into the only Rolex AD in my city, in TX, and saw the coveted watch simply sitting in the case. If I had the funds, it would be on my wrist right now. But alas, I am afraid I will only be able to afford it in my dreams. Just thought I would share my story with you all.

From TX

p.s.
It was a few weeks ago, so it is probably gone now, but I can still dream.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I don't believe the 116520 Daytona is anything special anymore. The ADs near me have a few of them sitting in the window. I think this lackluster economy as burst the bubble on the hugely inflated prices the SS Daytonas once commanded.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Are you sure its a SS in the AD, and not a white gold version. They look quite similar.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yes seems the bubble has burst.
Walked into a Rolex dealer in Edinburgh ............ asked about a SS Daytona 15 mins later one was mine.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes seems the bubble has burst.
Walked into a Rolex dealer in Edinburgh ............ asked about a SS Daytona 15 mins later one was mine.

Really? Which one? H & I? I walked into Laings and got my Deep Sea there for list in April.

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Those Daytonas are rare birds, but recently they've dropped in prices, with the economy being in the state it's in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts