WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically, a dedicated watch commercial. Those things are beyond rare where I live.

It was for the Bulova Precisionist. Advertised at JCPenney.

Not sure why other brands don't advertise on TV in NYC. Or, if they do, why it's so ridiculously rare. :think:

Reactions: CitizenM

·
Registered
800 Posts
Funny. I just saw the same ad. They are obviously advertising now because it is so close to Xmas. I guess noone else buys watches any other time of the year.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Movado has been running commercials lately.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
The main (and only) ones I see on TV over here are for Sekonda and "The Watch Shop"..

cheers,
Jake.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Citizen has added a few with Eli Manning and Paula Creamer. On tv, funny I noticed that too (do not remember much of a watch TV commercial).

·
Registered
994 Posts
Once in a very great while I will hear a radio spot for a watch. Yesterday I heard an ad for TAG/Heuer. It was the first time I've heard anything like that in months... if not years. I recall hearing a particular radio ad for Rolex some time back, but that's about it. I too would like to see TV adverts once in a while.

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
I remember seeing those Timex takes a licking and keeps on ticking ads on tv many years ago where they would put a Timex through some brutal torture test and it would come through completely unscathed. I wish I could see one of those again. Maybe that's why I like Timex so much even today.
cottontop

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I remember seeing those Timex takes a licking and keeps on ticking ads on tv many years ago where they would put a Timex through some brutal torture test and it would come through completely unscathed. I wish I could see one of those again. Maybe that's why I like Timex so much even today.
cottontop
You might be able to find a few of those old TV commercials on youtube.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Diamond and Gold Exchange is advertising its Rolex inventory pretty heavily here in Texas. Watch commercials come up all the time for sporting events, especially golf.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
cottontop
John Cameron Swayze...How I loved those adverts.

Lots of stuff on the Toob to view.

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
Specifically, a dedicated watch commercial. Those things are beyond rare where I live.

It was for the Bulova Precisionist. Advertised at JCPenney.

Not sure why other brands don't advertise on TV in NYC. Or, if they do, why it's so ridiculously rare. :think:
I see them on the internet a lot. Bulova, Citizen, TAG....I see Rolex commercials on TV, but they're from the ADs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts