WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got a black one (carbon-fibre effect) on the way, but from the start I've been thinking about changing the hands. I think stockae92 has commented elsewhere that they look a bit small. The minute hand in particular looks a bit weedy in some photographs. But who knows, once I have the watch in my hands, they might look OK.

Anyway, I'm hoping that hands made for 7S26 models would fit. If they do, which of the following would look good? I admit I'm tempted by the Type 1 - white for the hours, orange for the minutes, white arrow for the seconds.

Your opinions please, Seiko aficionados!

http://www.mkiiwatches.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=Custom+Parts:Watch+Hands:Seiko+Movements

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I admit I'm tempted by the Type 1 - white for the hours, orange for the minutes, white arrow for the seconds.
I'd probably go with this too -- my second choice would be the Plongeur hands, if it wasn't for that hour hand... looks a bit too plain for my liking.

I hear the lume on the Sawtooth(s) [teeth?] is crazy good, so if I had this model I think I'd stick with the stock (what the...) hands.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yay, another sawtooth owner!

I've been thinking about switching the hands as well, but i'm not sure if the 7s26 hands can be mounted onto our watches. There was a thread about this over on the SC forums....

AtomicSolar, the lume on this watch is amazing. It really glows like a torch. I had heard about seiko's lume prowess, but was shocked when i charged it up for the first time.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been thinking about switching the hands as well, but i'm not sure if the 7s26 hands can be mounted onto our watches. There was a thread about this over on the SC forums....
Yes, my subsequent research is suggesting that the auto and quartz models might have a different guage spindle (if that's the right word). I have sent an e-mail to Mark II watches, but haven't had a reply yet.

·
G-Shock Mod
14,199 Posts
please keep us posted with your finding :)

i do think the the hands are just a tiny bit under-sized

by all means they don't look bad at all, but it would look better with slightly bigger hands :)

i've heard that the lume rival that of the monsters. the lume shots suggest the same. and i do hope to find that out in person as well. ;-) (and CF sawtooth would have been my choice of sawtooth as well B-) )

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't had a reply from Mark II watches, but I'm pretty confident the answer (if it comes) won't be favourable (can't be that hard to make hands with different size holes though, can it?).

It seems that models need to have the same movement to be sure that hands are 'swappable'. I can't think of a suitable model with a 7N36 movement, so I'm wondering if the likeliest donor for bigger hands would be the quartz version of the Marine Master. Different movement, but at least it's quartz.

Still don't have the watch in my hands at the moment.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought it might be worth asking Seiko UK:

"Unfortunately, neither the model SHC061P1 or SBBN011 are recognised as UK models and we are therefore unable to advise further with regards to the hands or compatibility."

What's the point of globalisation? Does this mean that Seiko UK wouldn't be interested in servicing a non-UK watch or providing a replacement part? Ridiculous.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I thought it might be worth asking Seiko UK:

"Unfortunately, neither the model SHC061P1 or SBBN011 are recognised as UK models and we are therefore unable to advise further with regards to the hands or compatibility."

What's the point of globalisation? Does this mean that Seiko UK wouldn't be interested in servicing a non-UK watch or providing a replacement part? Ridiculous.
That's the case, I'm afraid =( Just like JDM or other seikos not meant for the NA market can't be serviced over here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts