WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up a used Orange Sawtooth, and in the process of de-wabi-ing it, took the case back off to remove a grungy blue sticker the PO had left on it that had gotten gross. When I opened the case back, I saw this:

which looked very puny to my automatic-owning eye. Most of my watches are mechanical, and the previous quartz watches (Seiko's) I've owned have been 7548's and the like, and the movements are, well, more impressive looking.

Have I been had? Says 2-jewel, Seiko 7N36C.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Nothing wrong, just a quartz movement. It's normal to see so much empty space, though Seiko would be laughing all the way to the bank if they sold quartz watches at some of the crazy prices I've seen for the sawtooth.

On the upside, at least it has 2 jewels, but it's certainly not in the leagues of the 7C tuna movements or the really sexy 9F.

Reactions: xzqt and idkfa

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Thats your typical bullet proof, easy to replace Seiko Quartz Movement. Looks good.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
So I picked up a used Orange Sawtooth, and in the process of de-wabi-ing it, took the case back off to remove a grungy blue sticker the PO had left on it that had gotten gross. When I opened the case back, I saw this:

which looked very puny to my automatic-owning eye. Most of my watches are mechanical, and the previous quartz watches (Seiko's) I've owned have been 7548's and the like, and the movements are, well, more impressive looking.

not that much different from 7548

·
Registered
3,957 Posts

....hence, my passion and preference for automatics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts