WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sawtooth is on the way! Getting the watch for work, needing the accuracy and seems to be a really tough looking watch and from what I've read, is tough. The watch is being bought from a WUSer, appears to be brand new(as it still has the blue sticker on back and from what the seller says). Bought for $150, is that good, from what I've researched it seems to be. Let me know from any Sawtooth owners, likes, dislikes!:-!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Which Sawtooth model did u get? It seems like u've got a pretty good deal for one, congrats! :-! In this price range, the Sawtooth is pretty hard to beat. The size is perfect, sits flat and comfortably on the wrist, the unidirectional bezel turns with smooth and positive clicks and the lume is AWESOME! My Sawtooth has been getting lots of wrist time. My only gripe is the lack of an automatic option for this model.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
:-! Excellent!
I, too, have one on the way that I won on Ebay. Seems some of the bezel numbers are worn off, but oh well... I got it for kinda cheap.

·
Registered
170 Posts
. . . I really, really like the sawtooth! I saw the listing, and IMHO you got a very good buy on a solid Seiko. Mine wears comfortably, has the typical Seiko killer lume, great finish details and the bezel . . . well, thats what it's all about!!!! Mine says hi . . . :-d

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Alright guys, I'm a Sawtooth infected WIS too. Got mine 2days ago (wanted to post pics but too bz) and it is offically announced by the Seiko Distributor Thong Sia that SAWTOOTH is discon. I was a happy WIS with a Blue Sawtooth. Was thinking to hit another Black Carbon Dial and thinking to tweet with an Auto 7s26 mov't into the SawTooth Case. Did anyone happen to nail it right with an Auto mov't ?

Cheers
Lex

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
it's my preferred seiko quartz watch all the time but i have to admit that i sold it due to the strap or band width....
it's too less wider than needed for a watch like this....
although i love the sawtooth........
so |>|>|>|>|>|> thumbs up mate............;-);-);-)

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
it's my preferred seiko quartz watch all the time but i have to admit that i sold it due to the strap or band width....
it's too less wider than needed for a watch like this....
although i love the sawtooth........
so |>|>|>|>|>|> thumbs up mate............;-);-);-)
Yo dude, did u everthought of putting Sawtooth on leathers ? Perhaps a 24 or 26mm leather strap from Panatime ? Then notched to 20mm ? I was thinking a Maratec 24mm notched to 20mm should be able to fit into the lug. Anyone did ?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I doubt u can transplant a 7S26/36 movement into the Sawtooth. The case is probably too slim to house the movement. In addition, u'll also need to swap the hands. They cannot be used with an auto movement

Alright guys, I'm a Sawtooth infected WIS too. Got mine 2days ago (wanted to post pics but too bz) and it is offically announced by the Seiko Distributor Thong Sia that SAWTOOTH is discon. I was a happy WIS with a Blue Sawtooth. Was thinking to hit another Black Carbon Dial and thinking to tweet with an Auto 7s26 mov't into the SawTooth Case. Did anyone happen to nail it right with an Auto mov't ?

Cheers
Lex

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I doubt u can transplant a 7S26/36 movement into the Sawtooth. The case is probably too slim to house the movement. In addition, u'll also need to swap the hands. They cannot be used with an auto movement
Hi Pal, I think we ever chatted b4. Wonder if u can recall on the Ball Classic advice ? Hmmm... abt the Sawtooth modification. I guess there might be a chance but I need check again.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Yo dude, did u everthought of putting Sawtooth on leathers ? Perhaps a 24 or 26mm leather strap from Panatime ? Then notched to 20mm ? I was thinking a Maratec 24mm notched to 20mm should be able to fit into the lug. Anyone did ?
right .....this should work.... but i love rubber strap... so i need to manege a lot to have a good looking one... due to the particular lugs of the sawtooth... :-(

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yes we did talk about the Ball EMII Classic and it is still my favourite Ball watch. :) If u come across any feasible solution to transplant an automatic movement into the Sawtooth, please let me know. :-!

Hi Pal, I think we ever chatted b4. Wonder if u can recall on the Ball Classic advice ? Hmmm... abt the Sawtooth modification. I guess there might be a chance but I need check again.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I loved the case and dial on mine, but sold it due to needing cash and not liking the bracelet too much.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Great watch, about $550 in Australia last year, have had one for about six months, changed the rubber strap for a orange nato, sits well. A pity there is no auto model only the quartz, but then I have an SKx171 with an 007 bezel as well, with a black nato, so I cannot complain

·
Registered
243 Posts
Is the sawtooth really being discontinued?

I was hoping that they would make a sawtooth with a kinetic movement - that would make it pretty close to the ultimate tool watch.

Adam

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
the Sawtooth is pretty hard to beat. The size is perfect, sits flat and comfortably on the wrist, the unidirectional bezel turns with smooth and positive clicks and the lume is AWESOME! My Sawtooth has been getting lots of wrist time. My only gripe is the lack of an automatic option for this model.

Bro. sys12345, your above wrist shot is mesmerizing. The carbon dial is so outstanding ! Looks like I might get another Sawtooth real soon !

Yes, the gd points r well mentioned and the price is well priced, even though the Sawtooth is officially announced "DISCON" in Singapore. It's not so well received like it's sibling 007 Tuna can as it's more "Classy" n slightly on the "Bling" side. But for the price range of a BNIB Sawtooth under US$250-300 with a Ss bracelet. I think it's worth the monies ! Pls tell me I'm wrong abt Sawtooth ...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts