WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ecc394e592.jpg

Hi all-

Wanted to check in with the community and ask does anyone actually own this watch?

I wanted a "....-yeah" dress watch and was looking at this versus the Patek 5196 small seconds, or Vacheron Patrimony line.

Any and all thoughts welcome!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Is it me, or is the 21st minute of the minutes track missing in the picture above...?

I've been looking at picking up a Saxonia at the end of the year and wanted to compare this to the Saxonia Thin. Unfortunately, my local AD told me the Thin is so much more popular than the small seconds variant, that they don't even carry this model. The small-seconds is special order only.

Thus, I've never seen this one in person.

·
Registered
391 Posts
If it were me, I’d put down a non-refundable deposit to demonstrate the seriousness of your intention to buy one of the two watches, and ask the AD to get you one of each (in whatever metal you want) so you can actually try them both on. They should be able to do this via the dealer network. It’s not an absurd request.

Your other alternative is to get to a Lange boutique (perhaps work travel will take you though a city with one)? They will have both.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i had the saxonia thin 37mm. i found a few ADs offering discounts of 25-30%. worth considering because you won’t find that kind if discount on the small seconds if they have to order it. note though the resale on the saxonia thin is terrible.

·
Registered
258 Posts
note though the resale on the saxonia thin is terrible.
I've found preowned ones (reference 201.033) available ranging in price between $10,795 and $13,099, or 68-82% of their value when new. I have no idea if this translates to a specific discount at an AD, though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
you can get a new one from an AD for the same price as preowned if you find an AD sitting on old stock.

dealers offered only five to eight grand for my mint saxonia thin. many dealers like watchbox straight out declined because there’s no demand.

the reality is ALS don’t sell well. imho stay away from ALS as your first high-end watch. there are a lot of preferences you can only know after owning one and experimenting with ALS will be costlier than with patek and AP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the 37mm Boutique Edition (white gold, grey dial). Couldn't be happier. Excellent watch. Out of all my watches I find this the most satisfying.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts