WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I know what forum I’m in and also that the 37mm Thin is also probably the least “grail worthy” in the Lange portfolio. However, I’m a long time fan of the brand and the design speaks to me. However, I’ve never had the opportunity to see one in the flesh. Does it live up to expectations, or is it simply an entry point to the brand and a diluted version of the real thing?

·
Registered
50 Posts
One of the best things about Lange is the finishing is fantastic for each and every piece in the range no matter the price point.

You pay more for complication or materials bit Lange does not make it's best finishing optional.

Really commendable in my view.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s what I’ve heard - and as much as I like some of the more complicated pieces, I actually like the simplicity of the Saxonia Thin design. I’ll probably decide to sell two or three really good watches (IWC Mark XVIII/Tudor BB/Nomos/one of my Sinns - undecided) to partially offset the purchase, so not an easy decision. I’ve come to the conclusion you can only wear one watch at a time - want to make sure it’s worth it. Sounds like I need to see one in the flesh.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Its one of my grail watches.....

Reactions: galtuk

·
Registered
284 Posts
Seeing Lange's watches in person convinced me that I just had to have one. Seeing the Saxonia Thin in person convinced me that I'd even be happy with their "entry level" watch.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
It's definitely not "diluted," as others have said! The finishing is spectacular. Personally, I prefer to see a moving second hand on a watch, so that particular model wouldn't be my first choice. I'd go with something like the 35mm Saxonia (small wrist here). But if you either like or don't mind the lack of a second hand, then the Sax Thin is a great choice.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
I had the 37mm Saxonia Rose Gold and a Lange 1. I think the 37mm is definitely a grail watch for me! Maybe even a little more so than the Lange 1 for me because the Saxonia is so versatile. But maybe I will get the white gold one instead of the Rose gold one next time.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm on track to pick up one of these (reference 201.033 in rose gold) by the end of the year.

Any stories / reviews from current or former owners?

·
Registered
208 Posts
This is a very modern watch and perfect in its simplicity. I went shopping for a dress watch in a strict sense and the white gold Saxonia Thin became my favorite over JLC Ultra Thin, Vacheron Constantin Patrimony to name a few. Certainly worth checking out in flesh. But do yourself a favor and have a white dress shirt and a suite jacket on when you go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is my grail watch that I am currently saving for. I have tried it on in the Pink Gold a couple times and am just in love. The movement finishing is as good as any other Lange. The simplicity of the dial is striking, elegant, and in my humble opinion, more appealing than a Calatrava, Patrimony, Jules Audemars, et al. Plus it is very discreet, something I love. It's a fantastic dress watch, and I haven't read a bad thing about it, even from the oft cantankerous Watch Snob over at askmen.com. All signs point to this being a worthy grail.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Gorgeous. After seeing these pictures, I'm rethinking whether I ought to go for the pink gold or the white gold. Fortunately, I've got a couple years to figure it out, haha.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts