WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Nice photo skills, much better than mine. Awesome watch too. Congrats! I've been wearing mine for the last few weeks and it's a definite keeper. Sooo comfortable:-! Where in Wisconsin are you from? I'm originally from Green Bay...Despite my current location I'm NOT a Vikings fan....Go Pack Go!

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice photo skills, much better than mine. Awesome watch too. Congrats! I've been wearing mine for the last few weeks and it's a definite keeper. Sooo comfortable:-! Where in Wisconsin are you from? I'm originally from Green Bay...Despite my current location I'm NOT a Vikings fan....Go Pack Go!
Thanks. :thanks Indeed it's very comfortable to wear. The quality of the bracelet is better than expected too.

I live near Stevens Point. Year, Go Pack Go! |>

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Hiro!

NIce watch mate, I like that Perpetual calendar quartz with extended battery life and a calendar span that will possible outlive us both.

Good to see your thread Sir, Many Thanks-
Jimmy
Hi Jimmy! I'm back lol! :)

Anyway, thanks! First I thought it's just a small version of the 007 w/ quartz movement, but I was wrong. The case finish is noticeably much higher level than the 007. It's very enjoyable to wear. It's kind of like a precise tool.

- Hiro

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the Black Ninja HEQ club :)

I believe only like 3-4 models with 8F calibers are still left in current production at Seiko JP, and things might get worse next year :-(

I am very happy with my recently-arrived 'Black Ninja' (the only diver that is really comfortable in my collection) and in my copy so far it seems that the accuracy is around minus 7 s/year when worn all time (or kept to that temperature) - which is very similar to the 'warm speed' of my 'Travelzilla' (SBQJ015) - that one is also around +12 s/y on room temperature so overall it generates very solid results - mine is less than 2 seconds in total after almost 14 months - I hope (all) SBCM023 will show similar good results - how is the seconds-hand alignment on yours ?

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Congratulations and welcome to the Black Ninja HEQ club :)

I believe only like 3-4 models with 8F calibers are still left in current production at Seiko JP, and things might get worse next year :-(

I am very happy with my recently-arrived 'Black Ninja' (the only diver that is really comfortable in my collection) and in my copy so far it seems that the accuracy is around minus 7 s/year when worn all time (or kept to that temperature) - which is very similar to the 'warm speed' of my 'Travelzilla' (SBQJ015) - that one is also around +12 s/y on room temperature so overall it generates very solid results - mine is less than 2 seconds in total after almost 14 months - I hope (all) SBCM023 will show similar good results - how is the seconds-hand alignment on yours ?
Thanks very much!

That's an amazing accuracy. Impressed.

As for the seconds-hand alignment, between 15 and 25 it becomes just a bit off (like 5%), but otherwise it's perfect. Seiya-san picked up a good one for me. I'm pretty happy with it.

- Hiro

·
Banned
2,084 Posts
Hey buddy, it's good to see you again!

Yes it's good to see you once again Sir. :)

lol, I'm still wearing the 6309 and it's ticking away like a busy bee!

Yep, I know what you mean about the Perpetual Calendar, and hey it is finished much nicer, it's a prospex series watch I believe. :-!

Hope to see you here often mate,
Jimmy
Poseidon-Jim

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Re: Congratulations and welcome to the Black Ninja HEQ club :)

I have a Seiko mil/explorer type SS JDM watch w/ the 8F movt. & perp. cal., a fantastic watch, incredibly precise & I like the date never having to be adjusted.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Congrats! My wife loves mine so much that I had to strap it up for her! ! Hey, if she's happy, I'm happy. Great watch and keeps incredible time. :-!

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congrats! My wife loves mine so much that I had to strap it up for her! ! Hey, if she's happy, I'm happy. Great watch and keeps incredible time. :-!
I almost sold it this afternoon because its smaller size. But, the buyer backed up, so I decided to keep it this time.

I bet it's perfect for your wife. ;-)

It looks a bit small on my wrist though. :think:

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Yea, I thought it was too small for a while but it grows on you. When and if my wife tires of it I would gladly put it into rotation. :-!

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea, I thought it was too small for a while but it grows on you. When and if my wife tires of it I would gladly put it into rotation. :-!
Thanks! I'm sure it grows on me soon. It's such a nice, precise and no-nonsense instrument.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts