WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, currently wearing a Sumo (Seiko SBDC001), I've had 3 x Breitling B1's and a Tag in the past. But I am a very clumsy person and was forever bumping or catching the watches. Hence the Swiss makes just didn't last that long or cost of repairs was too much. I've had Seiko in the past and within reason I know that they are bullet proof. As for functionality I live by the sea in the UK, I don't dive but I surf and swim. (and yes, its bloody cold in the uk surfing in the winter).

In the market for a better prospex and I really like the look of the SBDD001.

1, Is the strap on the SBDB001 available to buy seperately in Japan?
2, Would it fit a SBDD001?

The reason for my questions is that Yes, if I had the asking price I would buy the SBDB001 but I can't raise too that price. Thinking of buying the SBDD001 and adding the SBDB001 strap to to it if possible?
Thank you
Toby

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Chino Watches is one of the big 3 Seiko sellers and has the SBDB001 bracelet for $198, whether it will fit the SBDD001 i'm afraid I don't know. However I can say that you are right... surfing in the UK in winter is freakin freezing!

·
6,885 Posts
Hi ITM,

The SBDD001 comes on a very nice Ti bracelet, plus a rubber strap with Ti buckle and strap keeper. The SBDB001 is the 600m Spring Drive which has a notch in the solid end link....IMO it would look terrible on any other watch but the SBDB001.

FYI...... the SBDB001 bracelet is in the $500+ range not the $200 as stated above.

Cheers
Shannon

·
Registered
1,585 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
surfing in the UK in winter is freakin freezing!
Yep only the brave venture into the UK sea in the winter.

Thanks everyone for the feedback - need to sit down and digest options. $500 for the strap could go towards the purchase of the SBDB001 instead? On the plus side I have a perfectly usable Sumo and will have to make do for now (which is not a bad thing) and work out what to do. Do I go for the SBDD001 as is or save for a few more months and go for the SBDB001.

Toby

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
FYI...... the SBDB001 bracelet is in the $500+ range not the $200 as stated above.

Cheers
Shannon
Check twice, post once... The $198 one was for the Sumo, sorry! o|:-x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts