WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to buy a new watch. I was pretty much sold on the SBDC00X but now (after reading another thread) am imtrigued by the Benarus Moray.

Does anyone have a picture of them next to one another? Is the in house seiko movement much better than the miyota movement in the Benarus?

Will it be easier to service one or the other movements in the US in the long run?

Any other pros and cons?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I can't comment on the Seiko but I'm wearing the Moray as I type and it's
a really nice watch. The accuracy of the movement is great...in my most recent testing of the accuaracy over the past 7 days, the watch is only gaining 2 seconds/day (14 seconds total). This is consistent with the results I've gotten since getting the watch in August.

The Moray is listed having a 44mm case diameter but it plays more like
a 46mm watch on the wrist. So be advised that it looks bigger than your typical 44mm watch. The New/Bigger Orient Mako is listed at 46mm but as you from the pics below, the Moray looks like the bigger watch.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I'd say Sumo, much nicer case and nicer finish (i like the polish). Though I'd just get whichever one looks better to me. Technically the 6r15 is a step up (will tend to be more accurate and also hacks when you pull the stem out to time setting position) from a Miyota but the citizen movements are good too.

·
Registered
521 Posts
The finish of the sumo dial face and hands are just beautiful. The Benarus is nice but looks more toolish than droolish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts