WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Which one do you dig more, SBGA 435G (baby blue) or SBGA 433G (dark blue)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much has been posted on this topic, likely because everything is in Chinese. But GS released a China limited edition in the very recent past, two colors, SBGA 433G - dark blue and SBGA 435G - light blue. These are limited to 222 pieces each, and apparently there is rumor that models with a "4" are skipped over, making the actual count closer to 188 (4 sounds like "die" in chinese).

These dials are inspired by Ukiyo-e[a] is a genre of Japanese art which flourished from the 17th through 19th centuries. Its artists produced woodblock prints and paintings of such subjects as female beauties; kabuki actors and sumo wrestlers; scenes from history and folk tales; travel scenes and landscapes; flora and fauna; and erotica. The term ukiyo-e (浮世絵) translates as "picture of the floating world". Ukiyo-e - Wikipedia

They are stainless fully stainless steel, 41mm, 12.5mm thick, spring drive 9R65 movement. They each come with an extra crocodile leather strap. The second hand on the light blue is pink, and the second hand on the dark blue is gold.

I think these have a resemblance to the US special edition seasons models from a texture perspective, but apparently they are quite different, both inspiration wise and obviously color wise. The light blue is quite remarkable in its color and the additional included leather strap adds versatility. The retail price is ~6200 USD. I already ordered the light blue . This can only be shipped to a China address. Pre-sales are happening now. I believe these should go quickly and may be very difficult to find in the US.

Another limited edition piece from GS, but the actual number is quite low vs some other pieces we have seen, 900 or 1000+. Attached are some pictures, hopefully can get a sense of the watch and design, even though in Chinese. If any questions, let me know and I can try to translate.

Thoughts welcome!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Neither sorry. Huge gs fan too

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ordered the baby blue. I've been told I should be able to pick it up in a couple of weeks. My first GS, super excited!
Congrats! You can't go wrong with these LE offerings. You should buy a few more and sell them over here (in US) for a nice profit hehe

·
Registered
17 Posts
How does one order one of these? I have a buddy in Hong Kong and may need to ask him a huge favor!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Need to order from AD or boutique in china. Pre orders ended a couple weeks ago, the light blue one sold out, believe there were still some dark blue dials, but don't know now

·
Registered
46 Posts
ugh....I want that dark blue one sooooooooo badly.

·
Premium Member
33,346 Posts
Both are nice. The light blue is very unique, but I think the darker blue will be more versatile, IMHO.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ordered the dark blue - which is actually purpleish blue under bright light. And the spring drive meter resembles golden moon under dark blue sky to me. My first GS And very excited!

Baby blue is already sold out. I'll just tell myself the meter doesn't look as good and breaks the cohesion of the dial :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
731 Posts
I like all of those.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Got hold of the SBGA433G (I know a vendor that will ship globally that has atleast 1-2 more if anyone is interested! PM me, not sure the rules here on that)

Wow! That's gorgeous! No budget right now for a new watch but if I did have, this model would be near the top of my choices.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow! That's gorgeous! No budget right now for a new watch but if I did have, this model would be near the top of my choices.
It's so hard to photograph - definitely one of those "must see in person" watches, as seems to be the case with most GS. Absolutely mesmerizing, though. I find myself looking down at my wrist all day to try and catch all of the angles in different lighting conditions. It's like a different watch, depending how it looks at the time! Totally agree with the poster above that it's reminiscent of a dark and cloudy night sky, with glimpses of cloud texture from the moonlight. The dial is a very cool mix of navy and purple - hard to say which it even is at times.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Got hold of the SBGA433G (I know a vendor that will ship globally that has atleast 1-2 more if anyone is interested! PM me, not sure the rules here on that)

Looks great! Is that the same type of case as the SBGh269?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Gs dials are almost impossible to catch un picture. Each time I show one to my friends they said the same: on picture I dont like but un real life they are beautiful !

I loves thodes China Éditions, same dial as the 4 seasons with différent color. Amazing.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts