WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon,

Was going to Costco this morning and caught sight of how my watch caught the sun. Then, noticed how great the Costco lighting is to bring out the sunburst blue dial.

In these, you can see the sunburst in different manifestations - small circles, in a line across the dial, "halo" ing the light reflection, etc.

Of course much better in person because the indices gleam and almost, just almost give off a sort of a mini rainbow effect with a few colors. It might be because it's reflecting light off the indices, then the blue dial, then through the crystal...? I don't know, but it's cool.

In weak, Alaskan winter sunlight:
IMG_20160130_1112489.jpg

Under Costco lights:
IMG_20160130_1120533.jpg
IMG_20160130_1121056.jpg

40 minutes later leaving, watch in direct sunlight:
IMG_20160130_1201219.jpg

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
Beautiful. Don't know how they do it, but Seiko just keeps making their dials better and better with subtle textures and shimmers and all that goodness.

Reactions: MLJinAK

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beautiful. Don't know how they do it, but Seiko just keeps making their dials better and better with subtle textures and shimmers and all that goodness.
They're awesome. Some guy posted pics of a silver sunburst dial on the GS forum and it blew me away, too...

·
Registered
15,935 Posts
Gorgeous blue!!!

·
Banned
5,307 Posts
I think sunburst isn't the correct term for this particular watch. It's more like sunstreaks. Very unique and at most angles like most GSs they look solid color. Understated yet can be very exciting at certain angles. They should make it a standard GS blue dial instead of putting it in a limited edition piece.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
That's one sharp looking dial. Thanks for sharing the pics!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think sunburst isn't the correct term for this particular watch. It's more like sunstreaks. Very unique and at most angles like most GSs they look solid color. Understated yet can be very exciting at certain angles. They should make it a standard GS blue dial instead of putting it in a limited edition piece.
The dials are very dynamic, sunstreak sounds like it might work.

Most of the time, in ambient light, the dial appears to be a flat blue, either light or deep navy. Direct, bright light brings out the burst/streaks.

·
Banned
5,307 Posts
The dials are very dynamic, sunstreak sounds like it might work.

Most of the time, in ambient light, the dial appears to be a flat blue, either light or deep navy. Direct, bright light brings out the burst/streaks.
I swore not to get another blue dialed watch especially a plain one like this. But when I accidentally saw it in person I had to get it that day. Anything but plain and boring with those indices and dial! Matches well with ocean blue Rios croc too...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts