WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that the SBGA413, Four Seasons Spring, has disappeared from the Grand Seiko USA website. What happened? Is it possible it has been discontinued?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Plenty of them seem to still be around for sale if you are after one.... but also curious to know what's happened. Interesting that the other three "seasons" are still up....

·
Registered
39 Posts
That watch clearly outperformed the others from the 4 seasons so I wouldnt be surprised that they are simply gone. Whats left is at the ADs and will not get restocked.

·
Premium Member
66,518 Posts
It’s a highly beautiful watch so it stands to reason that GS have given it the push. It’s only a guess on my cynical part though.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
I agree that it's popularity might have cause the inventory to deplete.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was at JB Hudson's in Minneapolis yesterday and they had the watch then. Sorry if I'm not allowed to post this.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
They actually listened to my pleas?? 😅🤞

·
Registered
423 Posts
I just noticed that the SBGA413, Four Seasons Spring, has disappeared from the Grand Seiko USA website. What happened? Is it possible it has been discontinued?
Same here. One of my local AD said they will need full deposit to place a special order , wait time is 6 to 8 weeks. It could possibly be phasing out , depleting all the parts GS can make before discontinued in 2021. Maybe another new line up for this year.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Same here. One of my local AD said they will need full deposit to place a special order , wait time is 6 to 8 weeks. It could possibly be phasing out , depleting all the parts GS can make before discontinued in 2021. Maybe another new line up for this year.
Topper only requires $500 deposit.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Yes, same here locally. A full deposit is absurd and I'd tell them to piss off.
I don't fully understand full deposit on "hot" models. At worst, just render the deposit amount nonrefundable and equal to the markdown required to ascertain subsequent sale in the event the prospective buyer backs out.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I too was curious about seeing it missing from the GS US site so I called the boutique in NY and they confirmed it was Not discontinued. Who knows if they have the latest word from GS? I’ve been eyeing the 413 since the day it came out and want to get this or the 221 as my first GS. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Its like the girl next door you have secret crush on. One day she moved out and you bang your head wishing you had confessed while she was near.
Why wait so long if you like the watch?

·
Vendor
Omega/Tudor/Breitling/Grand Seiko/Tag Heuer/Montblanc/Hamilton/Seiko
252 Posts
Can you comment on the status of the Four Seasons (Spring in particular) lineup and it's fate?
I have inquired with our rep and when I hear anything definitive I'll certainly share. I can comment that it has taken much longer to replace the Spring model and it does appear they are "drying up" so I'm not surprised by their removal on the site.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts