WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm considering purchasing the Sbgx059 or the Sbgr087. Any real life pics/comments on the Sbgr087. Is there a metal bracelet available (cost?)that fits? (I've asked Higuchi, but haven't heard back). I prefer 059 due to cost and maintenance, but I'm drawn to the blue seconds hand.

I know the sbgv005 has the blue seconds hand, but I prefer the white dial-I think...

Any input welcomed.

Thanks,

Mike

SBGR087

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Sbgx059

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Silver

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
The new SBGR087 all day e'ry day. The dial is not only white-ish, but has a very unique rainfall pattern. That pic doesn't display it though.

Watch Font Number Clock Metal

I know it's not cheap, but also consider the SBGH001 - It's a classic and for good reason.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Since you're considering a 9F quartz watch, I would focus on whether you want a mechanical or a quartz. I like my mechanical & Spring Drive watches, but enjoy my 9F quartz as well. It's nice being able to pick up a watch and know the time is accurate & not have to worry about winding. Have you considered a silver dial model with the blue seconds hand?

SBGX071

SBGX085

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since you're considering a 9F quartz watch, I would focus on whether you want a mechanical or a quartz. I like my mechanical & Spring Drive watches, but enjoy my 9F quartz as well. It's nice being able to pick up a watch and know the time is accurate & not have to worry about winding. Have you considered a silver dial model with the blue seconds hand?

SBGX071

SBGX085
[/QUOTE

Thanks Quattro98.

I have considered the SBGX085. Wasn't aware of the sbgx 071. However, from the pics I've seen, I still prefer the white dial. The champagne dial is growing on me. A local AD has the sbgv005, but not the other GS Quartz models for me to compare. I hope to make a visit in the next few weeks. I have the sbgx093 so I'm completely on board with GS Quartz.

·
Registered
765 Posts
If you don't mind the Quartz movement - I would go for the SBGX059

It's a beautiful watch, Low profile, (10mm Thickness), Superb accuracy, (+- 10 second/year).

I always love the GS with a SS bracelet.

Unfortunately the watch is missing the blue second hand.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The SBGV005 is an outstanding piece. The case is very nice & truly special. The champagne dial looks much nicer in person than in photos and adds some warmth. If you want a white dial, the other pieces I would consider would be the following models in titanium (one isn't even a Grand Seiko, but at least worth a look). The SBGX059 is a very clean design that appeals to me as well, but looking at the choices and deciding what to go with is part of the fun.

SBGX067

Citizen AQ1040-53A

I have considered the SBGX085. Wasn't aware of the sbgx 071. However, from the pics I've seen, I still prefer the white dial. The champagne dial is growing on me. A local AD has the sbgv005, but not the other GS Quartz models for me to compare. I hope to make a visit in the next few weeks. I have the sbgx093 so I'm completely on board with GS Quartz.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Fastdriver and Quattro98. Yes, the search is definitely a large part of the fun.

My favorite watches are the sporty dress/dressy sport type that also work with jeans/casual wear. I realize that the watches we are talking about are dress watches, but they're also daily watches, right?

The sbgx059 with it's white polar dial seems a bit sporty to me that works with jeans/weekend wear. I'm less certain whether the GS champagne dials (sbgx063/sbgv005) work as well (especially the sbgv005).

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
765 Posts
Thanks Fastdriver and Quattro98. Yes, the search is definitely a large part of the fun.

My favorite watches are the sporty dress/dressy sport type that also work with jeans/casual wear. I realize that the watches we are talking about are dress watches, but they're also daily watches, right?

The sbgx059 with it's white polar dial seems a bit sporty to me that works with jeans/weekend wear. I'm less certain whether the GS champagne dials (sbgx063/sbgv005) work as well (especially the sbgv005).

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Mike
I don't think that the white polar dial is "sporty". The SBGH001 Hi Beat, Which is considered as a classic watch, Is white dialed.
From my experience with the SBGE005, I can say that in reality the champagne dial color is less noticeable

·
Registered
538 Posts
No doubt the 59 IMHO. It just looks much much better to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts