WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SCAM ALERT [email protected] is a FRAUD

If you receive messages from him on WUS, and then emails from Paypal in your spam account for the transaction, that's just it!
I was waiting for 7000USD to be transferred. (they never arrived)

Never click on anything on these emails, just open a new tab in your browser and double check on your paypal account to see if anything has changed.
Report fraud at [email protected]
Erase anything related to the scammer.

Good luck!

Thanks for watching

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I thought he sounded extremely fishy as well. Asked me to email him the pics for the watch bc he/she? couldn't view them on the web. And so I did like an idiot.

Then he/she asked me to email them an invoice, which I didn't.

How should I report them, and to whom......? Paypal? Because I didn't send an invoice yet and sooo? What should I do?

·
Registered
223 Posts
He contact to me today asking for buying my watch.
He didn't negotiate the price that is really unusual.
Then I received the email from paypal(fake), inform me he paid the money, asking me ship the watch and they will send the money to my account(??) after that.
I google his email and found this post.
Just before I'm going to package the watch...
Thanks god!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@maithree: I already reported him to Paypal. Nothing much can be done. Just never send anything unless you have received cash on your account! Again... Face to face deals are the best way to go! Good luck folks

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I was probably the first of his victims.
he "bought"me two watches 3 weeks ago, before all of the situations mentioned in this thread.
Same "modus operandi", he could not see the pictures, never discuss the price, offers to pay shipping costs, I received the Fake Paypal mails, send the watches and never got the money.

After the scum I contacted one of the moderators of WUS and referred the fake emails to Paypal spoof.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the shipping address I had was in Nigeria!
May be worth to cross mailing address with IP address.
If someone here is determined to get him! Good luck anyway...

·
Registered
46 Posts
When this happened a few weeks ago I made the mistake of emailing him. Recently my spam folder has been out of control. Not sure if theres any correlation but I was wondering if anyone else who ended up emailing him has been having the same issues?

·
Registered
87 Posts
When this happened a few weeks ago I made the mistake of emailing him. Recently my spam folder has been out of control. Not sure if theres any correlation but I was wondering if anyone else who ended up emailing him has been having the same issues?
o|

1 - 15 of 15 Posts