WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:think::think::think:I am not sure whether this is the right place to post this thread but I think it will be a nice thing to do sharing with other forum members on my experience with 3 of the “potential sellers” in WUS forum who approach me to sell their items.

Recently, I have put up 2 WTB threads for a shark mesh bracelet and Seiko Golden or Darth tuna. 3 sellers approached me by sending emails to express interest in selling their bracelet and watches. But the funny thing is, 3 of them ask my address and contact number from their very first two emails. When I ask them to email me the picture of the bracelet or watch, and they gave me excuses such as having browser problem in uploading the picture, do not have camera to take it and etc.

So, are they putting up a scam trick on me or mere coincident? Below is the email correspondence between me and the other 3 sellers for your perusal. Be the judge yourself!

Since I did not physically been scammed by them, so, I should delete all their personal information for security purposes. .

Seller quote in RED

Seller 1 – On Shark Mesh Bracelet
Jul 19
Good Day,
I still have the requested item in excellent condition. Please advice with a precise lists of what you will be needing so as to give you price and shipping quote.

Note: I have a shipping account with First Flight Courier and UPS so shipping will not be of problem to you.

Thanks,
Karl

I will be needing a heavy duty shark mesh bracelet measured 22mm at the lug. Satin finished and comes with a pair of spring bars.

Mesh must be able to be fitted on seiko tuna sbbn 017 watch.
Please let me know what u have.

Hi Darren,
Good to read from you. I still have the requested heavy duty shark mesh bracelet measured 22mm at the lug. Satin finished and it comes with a pair of spring bars just as the one you needing in excellent shape and condition. I'm asking for a 250GBP including shipping to you. Whats your complete shipping address and phone #. I will be shipping via UPS or First Flight Courier whichever you prefer on a three days delivery. I will accept payment via Western union.

I wait to read from you soon.
Kind Regards,
Karl.

Hi Karl,
Thanks for your offer but i am looking for a more affordable mesh which is below USD100. No point of fitting a USD300 mesh on a USD700 watch.
Regards
Darren

Hi Darren,
Good to read back from you. So please let me know how much can you afford for it.
Karl.

Hi Karl,
As per my previous email, I am looking for mesh below USD100. I can't offer u a price since I don't even know what mesh u are having
Hi Darren,
Good to read from you again. I still have the one for that price but will be sold for 120USD including shipping to you. Please email me your complete shipping address as i wait to read from you soon.

Kind Regard,
Karl.

Hi Karl,
Could u sent me picture of your mesh?

Hi Darren,
Good to read from you so soon, I apologize for failure to provide you pictures of the Jukebox this due to the problem i have currently with my browser so i could not upload and attach pictures of it but not to worry as its still in excellent shape and condition.

Kind Regard
Karl.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Seller 2 – On Seiko Tuna
Aug 2
Good day,
Let me know if your still interested in your wanted ad as i have something to offer..
Warmest Regards,Rich

yes. let me know what you have. Thanks

Hello Darren,
I'm selling my Darth, this watch for its age is Excellent, the lume isn't todays Seiko. But the Condition of the watch is 97%. The Strap shows some wear on it and is the original. REF #60583 Retail back in the day was 595.00 according to the hang tag. Box Included, no papers came with this watch when I bought it.
I also have Extra Factory Parts: Crown, 4 Screws, Gaskets etc....Bought just in case I ever needed.
Im asking £450.00 All In with Extra Parts..

Kindly get back to me with your postal address in full and phone numbers for shipping..

Hope to read back from you soonest..
Thanks.
Richard..

Hi Richard,
Could u sent me few closed up pictures of your watch please.

Darren,
I am sorry i cannot provide pics now as i do not have a camera..But I will see what i can do to get the pics sometime next week..Hope this isn't too far for you??Let me know if your still interested..
Thanks..Rich

Sure, please sent me the picture when you have it.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Seller 3 – On Seiko Tuna
Aug 2
Are you still interested in the purchase? I still have the requested
items in an excellent condition. Whats your phone # ?

Ralph Forester

Yes. I am still interested. Please sent me some pictures of your watch. Thanks

Hi
Thanks for the mail. Oh yes ! I have a brand new Seiko Golden and I am asking a 240GBP as I will be shipping via UPS on a 3 working days delivery and will accept payment via Western Union or Money Gram.
What's your complete shipping address?
I am afraid I am having technical difficulties attaching pictures sorry.
Kind regards,
Ralph
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
#1 and #3 are absolutely scammers. #1 even thinks he's selling a jukebox. All want Western Union or Moneygram in the UK. Terrible form. I imagine they are just trolling the forums looking for emails so they can send out random things to try and get people to wire them money. I hate a scammer.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
scam without a doubt

I'm even of the mind that identifying info should be posted, not that it's likely to be current for very long. Your wise to stay away, nothing good can come from that

·
Registered
380 Posts
run forrest, run....

(but if you must, #2 is the only one i think may possibly be legit. but am not sold, wait the week for pics)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, since you guys agrees that seller #1 and #3 are scammers, I will not hesitate to reveal their identity as per in our email correspondence so that other forum members will know what these guys are up to when dealing with them.

Seller # 1
Karl Robinson
Crown Road Grays
Essex RM17 6JD

Seller #3
Ralph Forester
63, Bayham Street, London NW10AA
+447024087504
[email protected]

This morning seller # 2 emailed me two poor wrist shot pictures of his Darth Tuna. From the pictures, i can’t even tell what date it is. So, I emailed him to request a few closed up pictures of his watch. Lets wait and see what is next J

Cheer / Darren

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
I have # 2 pegged as a dude who knows watches who may or may not actually have the watch.

#1 wants to sell you a jukebox.

·
Registered
27 Posts
got this after posting wtb thread. sigh.

Ralph Forester
65 Bayham Street, London, NW1 0AA
+447024087504
[email protected]

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
I had the same experience with [email protected]. I have two want to buy ads in the classifieds and surprise ‘Ol Ralph has both. It seemed odd he’d send me two different emails and sent photos I found doing a google search. The real tip off is wanting payment via Western Union or Money Gram. I googled his email and found a lot of threads on other forums saying he’s a scammer. I think I’ll play along for a little and see what he says.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I got one too, in response to my looking for a Breitling strap:

Ralph Forester
65 Bayham Street, London, NW1 0AA
+447024087504
[email protected]

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hahaha..looks like i am not alone here:) Believed it or not, til now the Ralph guy still sending me his offer throught email. Can anyone in London check out who this guy is??

Cheer / Darren

·
Registered
DWC 1701 Pontchartrain Great Lakes Edition GMT Dive
465 Posts
Careful- could be a real person who has had their account hacked. Your instincts are right on, though. Dirty little secret about Western Union- if one has the information on the wire, it can be retrieved at any WU location in the world. Bad guy can steal an email/ebay/whathaveyou account in Canada and grab the payment in Chicago.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts