WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello WUS,
Sad to say I must be a magnet for scammers. Over the last two days I’ve had two separate people attempt to scam me through a WTB thread I had posted. It’s getting bad. Everyone needs to seriously watch out and not be stupid when making expensive deals.

It starts out I post a WTB thread regarding a Ball watch, basically just looking for a Ball watch around $1,000.00. A half hour later I get a pm from a user that just joined with 0 post history.

brandonwatches said:
I saw your ad on the Wtb forum.I have one in a nice working condition. Message me if you are interested via {[email protected]}.
Thanks.
At this point I knew it was going to be a scam, this is how 90% of scams start, but I email him anyway. Immediately throws up some red flags. I am not an idiot so I obviously was able to spot this Jackass as a scammer immediately but people please if the deal is too good to be true it always is.

So this is our conversation, and of course he takes any price I offer him and surprise surprise only will accept a wire transfer for payment.

And of course, he says he’s the original owner but a reverse image lookup of the three pictures he sent me show that obviously that was a LIE. Avoid this user going by BRANDON LUKAS AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At this point I ask him for his name and address just so I would be comfortable with the deal, and he gives me some bogus name. His email is registered to Brandon Lukas but gave me a females name and address.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts