WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've wanted one of these ever since I first saw them a couple years ago. Finally today a Schauer arrived. Beautiful. How come there's no Schauer talk on this forum?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Very nice watch.

I have the original black dial version (at present on an Artus).

There are occassional posts on Schauers. I have 7 of them, and tend to do a post or two as each new one arrives.

Enjoy your watch

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good question davewe

Of course there are not so much “Schauer” owners, maybe because of this, those beautiful watches are not so much discussed here in forum.
I enjoy wearing “Schauers” :) Like Andrej I have a Day-Date with black dial and Artus strap. Mine is from limited edition with Durowe 7526-4 movement and as special feature “Sunday” indication is shown in red!

Enjoy your day
Carlos

·
Registered
88 Posts
Lovely watch. Could You please make a wrist shot from bigger distance? Maybe in mirror. It would be nice to see the watch in greater context. What is the price? If You don't mind me asking. This is another possibility of my next purchase, if I will not like the new Stowa thing.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lovely watch. Could You please make a wrist shot from bigger distance? Maybe in mirror. It would be nice to see the watch in greater context. What is the price? If You don't mind me asking. This is another possibility of my next purchase, if I will not like the new Stowa thing.
They are about 2K and I believe 2400 on bracelet. I was fortunate to get mine used for less. I'll post another wrist shot later.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks a lot. The price is what I anticipated. I like it more on black leather, than on the bracelet. The shots would be great.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Let me be with you:

......and the back:

......and a detail:

.....and just today a " Edition 6 " joined the " Day-Date " and her sister " Edition 10 ". ;-)

I will show pics of the new one after some work is done :roll:

Volker

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'm going to play the contrarian. The face on this watch does not appeal to me at all. It looks like its a day/date device with minutes/seconds thrown in as a no-cost extra. The arabic numbers are too small and are dwarfed by the expanse of bleak white. Others of the Schauer line up appeal to me much more.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
One thing to note is that while yes the dial is a "bleak white" from most angles it shows as a very pale blue. I assume that's from the AR coating. Whatever the reason I find it elegant. Of course, that might just make it a "bleak blue."

I'm going to play the contrarian. The face on this watch does not appeal to me at all. It looks like its a day/date device with minutes/seconds thrown in as a no-cost extra. The arabic numbers are too small and are dwarfed by the expanse of bleak white. Others of the Schauer line up appeal to me much more.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm going to play the contrarian. The face on this watch does not appeal to me at all. Others of the Schauer line up appeal to me much more.
I also thought like that till I had a look at a real watch (with the shaped bezel) at my wrist.
I really started to like it; however in case of going for one it should be the Durowe version for me.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Yes, you are totally right..............by viewing the pics. :think:

Have a look at the watch in person and - maybe - you will change your mind.

I did so. b-)

If not, there are so many other watches that may appeal to you. ;-)

Volker

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yes, you are totally right..............by viewing the pics. :think:

Have a look at the watch in person and - maybe - you will change your mind.

I did so. b-)

If not, there are so many other watches that may appeal to you. ;-)

Volker
Accepted, as is the notion that it might appear very differently to me in person. Jorg has obviously done something right given that there are so many props for this particular piece. Regards to all, John

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wrist Shot

Here's that wrist shot I said I'd take. BTW, in 3 days the movement if off exactly - well, it's not off at all - not even a second!

·
Registered
804 Posts
I´ll admit I´ve never seen one of these live. I do love the ¨day date zentral¨ version, but this one with the white expanse of dial leaves me cold.
And I´m not really a big fan of a ¨cold Schauer¨ ;-)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts