WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got their latest news letter.

IMG_4037.JPG

They are back! The Bronze Beater B2 now in two finishes, raw and force-patinated. That is the raw at the bottom and the darker one above has been chemically treated to oxidise the case. The B2 will be available in less than two weeks!

This is the new case back for the Beater B2s, a deep laser engraving right to the very edges! Are those isometric perspective 3D letters on a 2D background I hear you cry? Yes! Will they be serialised? Yes, good old Beater style with a manual punch!

IMG_4036.JPG

The dials are double blue with a gold rim and centre. Luminescent numerals and hour markers with the other print in metallic bronze except the pink B. Hands are brushed bronze with little thorns as counterpoise.
Inside we use an ETA 2824-2 Swiss auto.

IMG_4035.JPG

·
Registered
31,263 Posts
I have e mailed Giles for a price and will post it when he replies.

The quality will be superb, and as Mike says the blue enamel dial is gorgeous!!

Got to be looking at £3k+, as with micro brands the cost per unit is always gonna be higher than mainstream, exclusivity does come at a cost.

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So the story continues, the BBB 2 Entirely

This is Schofields new Bronze Beater with a force-patinated case.
Double blue dial and cutaway hand-set. Look closely and you will see the Sign-O-Life second hand in the very centre. So why is it not on their website yet? Simply because Schofield have to deal with the orders generated by their latest newsletter and social media.
I am sure the BBB 2 will attract a lot of WIS at Salon QP.

IMG_4097.JPG

The buckle you see in this pic is a ceramic coated buckle, a dark brown called Murky Earth, a perfect companion to the bronze beater both patinated and raw finish. A Murky Earth buckle will come fitted to every bronze beater as standard! Here it is on a Tan Tigerloaf strap.

Eye-catching isn't it.

IMG_4098.JPG

·
Registered
439 Posts
I really like the look of this and it would make a great companion for my Signalman. Still not that keen on the red B on the dial but everything else is pretty much spot on. I would still love to see this with the hand wind Unitas as in the Blacklamp but in that case I'd probably want a display case back as well!

Maybe I can get Giles to make me up a special.....and get a selection of Schofield+Cudd straps (if anyone hasn't seen these check them out here - some crazy stuff: https://www.schofieldandcudd.com )

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'd want a second hand.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
Shame. Looks nice, but most likely to large for my wrist. It looks like they drew inspiration from Enebi Fondale. I'm in the market for ideally a 40 to 42mm tops bronze watch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts