WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently started getting into G-Shocks and I was wondering about the resin/metal link bands that are on some models such as the GWM5600. How adjustable are these and can anyone point me to some closeup shots of the links and closure? They look like they might be really comfortable.

I just picked up a GW5525A and I'm loving it. Reminds me of the old G-Shocks I used to see in the 80's. Are the bands on the one above interchangeable with the solid resin strap on the model that I currently have?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Here is a side view. Best I can do right now. Its the one on the inside, the outside is a PAW1300T. It is quite adjustable. I'm sure if you do a search, you can find more pictures.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh cool, thanks. I see it's a ordinary flip security deployant. I bet these bracelets are very comfortable.

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Hi Peter,

The GWM5600BC has the most comfortable bracelet I've ever worn. It's light, soft, unobtrusive, very easy to adjust.

You can swap bands/bracelet between the DW5600 and the GWM5600 (and even the G5600, but I'm not too sure about this last one). The GW5500 is another model, very different.

·
Registered
520 Posts

It's the most comfortable watch I own. The bracelet is very easy to adjust ( all you need is a springbar tool) and it has just as much adjustment as any other bracelet I've seen. You will not be disappointed with it.

A lot of people don't like the negative display on the 2 watches that have this bracelet, but I think they are forming their opinions without actually trying the watch on. I've had mine for about a month now and have never had a problem reading it. When It is too dark to read the watch, the light comes on automatically.

I love this watch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was able to remove links with a 0.5 mm mechanical pencil. Just push the spring bar in from the hole on the outside of the link and move it to the side ever so slightly. I put a towel over everything to keep the spring from flying away; well, not for the first one, but that one hit a stack of books and landed nicely. Then I thought about a towel:) But it worked. This is my first watch with a bracelet. I didn't have a spring-bar tool and I just couldn't wait to adjust the band. So I took a chance and it worked out well.

I have an GW5600-BCJ. I think it's the same bracelet as the M5600. It's quite comfortable and seems a little bit *fancier* than the standard resin straps.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the photos. I'll have this well in hand I'm sure.

I ordered a GWM5600 BC from Casio Sales and Service yesterday so I'll be checking it out this week. Now I see they are out of them so looks like I got it just in time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.