WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This watch came to me reputed to be a Scottish Station Master's watch. It is big, 67mm in diameter (ex crown), 21mm thick. The movement is a 15 jewel lever escapement, stem wind, pin set, unsigned. Can anyone help by identifying the movement and dating it. Thank you in advance.

DSCN9124a.jpg DSCN9118a.jpg

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,439 Posts
All I can say offhand is that, although the watch might be Scottish (or made for the Scottish market), the movement is Swiss. Early 20th century, I'd say.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hartmut,
Yes, I also thought it was Swiss but I could find nothing in the Roland Ranfft data base. The closest I came to it was the Revue 19 and (never heard of before) Bona 19. All the plates, bridges and screws look the same but configured differently. I found an image of an almost identical watch on the Science Museum Group site. That watch was from a railway company that started in 1923. This seems a little late for a watch like this that has pin set. When did pin set become obsolete?

Cheers

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,695 Posts
I can't identify it either but you rarely see that nut on the ratchet wheel after about 1915 and pin set was mostly dead by 1920.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts