WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

Can You tell me what is the best way (product) to take scrathes (light ones) out of Seiko Monster hardlex?

Thanks, Lauri

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
There is a diamond paste that is supposed to be good at getting scratches out of mineral crystals. Try asking this at PMWF, That's were I saw it posted. That said, you will be working on a domed crystal. unless the scratch is very shallow, it is possible that you could alter the curvature of the glass in that spot and end up with an optical deformation. The amount of work involved plus the lack of guarantee of succes and readily available inexpensive replacements, ususally makes it easier to just order and instal a replacement. Check Jules borel, they should have them.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Hi there,

I've successfully refinished quite a few convex glasses, it's alot of work tho. Diamond paste is expensive. You might want to consider fitting a domed acrylic, it will be far easier to polish the scratches out and could well be your first bit of customising.

Hope this helps

Bry

·
Registered
397 Posts
Maybe there's a sapphire replacement that you could get? Would definitely help in avoiding scratches since sapphire is so much harder than mineral glass...

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I'd fit an acrylic as these can be polished to perfection in 5mins easily. Sapphire still scratches, plenty of hard objects which will scratch sapphire.

Regs

Bry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts