WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just got this watch a few days ago with a titanium bracelet and already have scratches the buckle.

Is this normal to get scratches so easily? This is the first metal bracelet I’ve had in a while so wasn’t sure...

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Hi,

I just got this watch a few days ago with a titanium bracelet and already have scratches the buckle.

Is this normal to get scratches so easily? This is the first metal bracelet I’ve had in a while so wasn’t sure...

View attachment 15924771
Just look for jeweler pads on ebay.
It will erase those scratches in a latter of seconds.

Envoyé de mon SM-G985F en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Desk rash. All metal scratches. Even the supposed "DLC" coated titanium squares have acquired scratches and dings.
The only metal object I haven't managed to scratch-- yet-- is a polished tungsten carbide ring which cost all of $9.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Desk rash. All metal scratches. Even the supposed "DLC" coated titanium squares have acquired scratches and dings.
The only metal object I haven't managed to scratch-- yet-- is a polished tungsten carbide ring which cost all of $9.
Same here…when I got married 5 years ago, my wife was pretty amused that I wanted a $16 Tungsten Carbide band. Scratch free.

Remember the Tungsten Carbide watch craze of the early 2010’s?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have loads of pocket knives with titanium scales and there simply is no point whatsoever in babying them in the hope that they'll remain scratch-free. A couple have elaborate satin/polished sections which start to look a bit tatty very quickly. A few others have rougher, stonewashed finishes and these, in my view, are much better because the knife just starts to look "lived in" with a few scars.

Let's face it (unless I'm just clumsier than average) - if we want our stuff, whatever it is - watches, knives, alloy wheels, the finish on our doorbell button, toilet seat - to remain pristine, we need to put it in a cabinet and just look from the other side of the glass.

Otherwise, we just have to let everything live a little.

I've had a couple of whiskies.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I have loads of pocket knives with titanium scales and there simply is no point whatsoever in babying them in the hope that they'll remain scratch-free.
In the UK??? They let you have pocket knives? 🤪
(I've got some titanium Spydercos).

·
Registered
549 Posts
In the UK??? They let you have pocket knives? 🤪
(I've got some titanium Spydercos).
I live dangerously........

I've got well over 100 knives ranging from £3 SanRenMu stuff to a Chris Reeve Mnandi. Currently using a QSP Penguin in denim micarta - had it in my pocket for about 8 weeks now. Lovely little knife.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I live dangerously........

I've got well over 100 knives ranging from £3 SanRenMu stuff to a Chris Reeve Mnandi. Currently using a QSP Penguin in denim micarta - had it in my pocket for about 8 weeks now. Lovely little knife.
Nice. No locking blades (in the UK), right? I've got about 50 Spydercos.

A shame we can't share our other passions here, eh?

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
The good news is that it's a G Shock. And by the way that is a Rolex I'd own myself. I wear an Aquaracer I bought new and you would be happy with your G if you saw my Tag. I wear it every day for work or play and it shows.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Nice. No locking blades (in the UK), right? I've got about 50 Spydercos.

A shame we can't share our other passions here, eh?
You can have a locking blade in public in the UK if you have good reason. In reality, the chances of a police officer deciding I, as a 53 year old geezer, need searching - and also the officer having the grounds to legally carry out that search, are vanishingly small. So I'm not troubled.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Some of Spyderco's slip joints with UK customers in mind are quite good, almost as good as a locking blade, at least for most of my use purposes. I don't chop trees every day.

You can have a locking blade in public in the UK if you have good reason. In reality, the chances of a police officer deciding I, as a 53 year old geezer, need searching - and also the officer having the grounds to legally carry out that search, are vanishingly small. So I'm not troubled.

·
Registered
5,877 Posts
Hi,

View attachment 15924771

Yep it is normal. My skyhawk Titanium (originally a $600 watch) got them super easy.

Is that the way you wear the watch? With the buckle that far up your wrist? If so that is the reason it scratches so easy. Take a few links off the one side and add them to the other side to make the clasp sit in the middle of your wrist.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Some of Spyderco's slip joints with UK customers in mind are quite good, almost as good as a locking blade, at least for most of my use purposes. I don't chop trees every day.
I've got loads of slip joints too. One of my favourites is a little special run Spydie Urban from the days when British Blades was a thing. It gets a lot of use.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I've got loads of slip joints too. One of my favourites is a little special run Spydie Urban from the days when British Blades was a thing. It gets a lot of use.
So, you can buy locking blades in the UK? I was under the impression that they weren't even sold there.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts