WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Scratches on titanium band

5K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  nkwatchy 
#1 ·
Hi,

I just got this watch a few days ago with a titanium bracelet and already have scratches the buckle.

Is this normal to get scratches so easily? This is the first metal bracelet I've had in a while so wasn't sure...

See less See more
#5 ·
Desk rash. All metal scratches. Even the supposed "DLC" coated titanium squares have acquired scratches and dings.
The only metal object I haven't managed to scratch-- yet-- is a polished tungsten carbide ring which cost all of $9.
Same here…when I got married 5 years ago, my wife was pretty amused that I wanted a $16 Tungsten Carbide band. Scratch free.

Remember the Tungsten Carbide watch craze of the early 2010's?

#10 ·
I have loads of pocket knives with titanium scales and there simply is no point whatsoever in babying them in the hope that they'll remain scratch-free. A couple have elaborate satin/polished sections which start to look a bit tatty very quickly. A few others have rougher, stonewashed finishes and these, in my view, are much better because the knife just starts to look "lived in" with a few scars.

Let's face it (unless I'm just clumsier than average) - if we want our stuff, whatever it is - watches, knives, alloy wheels, the finish on our doorbell button, toilet seat - to remain pristine, we need to put it in a cabinet and just look from the other side of the glass.

Otherwise, we just have to let everything live a little.

I've had a couple of whiskies.

#18 ·
Yep it is normal. My skyhawk Titanium (originally a $600 watch) got them super easy.

Is that the way you wear the watch? With the buckle that far up your wrist? If so that is the reason it scratches so easy. Take a few links off the one side and add them to the other side to make the clasp sit in the middle of your wrist.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.