WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Just wondering if anybodys had any experience with screen protectors especially on the 5600 series. Are they more functional than harmful? Please share with us your experience and if I should use them or not. Thanks. Steve.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
hi,

I presume you talk about those "roll-over bars". personally I find them butt ugly, in my opinion they mess up completely a watch display, no matter how useful or functional they might be. they are a 100% no-go for me.

regards, holger

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I was thinking about buying one for my gw-5600 to make it more retro looking, but then realized the black paint on those protectors will eventually come off. That just turned me right off.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I was thinking about buying one for my gw-5600 to make it more retro looking, but then realized the black paint on those protectors will eventually come off. That just turned me right off.
Why retro, did they use those things in the early years?

Personally I don't like them aesthetically, but they might be functional sometimes (there's always a nasty hit nothing prevents:-|).

Have a nice day,

Ad.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Why, it seems like only yesterday that G-Shockers were scouring the globe for wire protectors and causing a world-wide shortage... :)

I don't like them as a rule, but do have one on this Zulu-banded reversed display 5600, and I like the look.

The paint coming off isn't a problem. I haven't had to do it, but five seconds with an aerosol and it should be looking like new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts