WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I like some watches with screw bezels, unfortunately, I can't afford a Hublot (well, maybe one I've recently seen) or Audemars.
Now, I think I'm a pretty handy guy with tools and such, so I thought I'd try modding a watch and add some bezel screws.
After myriad hours of planning, days of collecting the right tools locally, and choosing the correct hardware for the job, I've achieved my goal.
Please excuse the low quality of the photos. While I am a professional with tools, I'm somewhat challenged at photography.
So, without further ado, here is my Big Bang homage.

KINDLE_CAMERA_1399115586000.jpg KINDLE_CAMERA_1399115607000.jpg KINDLE_CAMERA_1399115604000.jpg

·
Registered
9,386 Posts
Well done!

·
Premium Member
21,596 Posts
I guess that's a good way to prevent your bezel from getting more scratches (besides the ones you inflicted yourself with the screws).

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL - good one~!

I really enjoy the juxtaposition of countersink and round head .....

I had to use the roundhead. I only had 3 countersink screws left.
I used all the others to refasten some body trim and dashboard wood on my Bentley.

I told you, I'm a handy guy.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I knew something funny would be inside. You didnt dissapoint me, this is genius! now its time to think of setting up your own brand

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Amazing watch and even more amazing quality of photography :)

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
I am headed to the hardware store to follow your lead. My Aquanaut is sorely lacking in screws, I think I will go for brass screws, wonder if I can find Torx in brass, since it will give it a nice two-tone look.

Maybe if you have time you could post a tutorial, I am sure many people will be hot to try this out.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The bezel certainly seems to be securely attached now. Forgive my ignorance ---- can someone tell me please what is the make and model of watch which has been so much improved?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts