WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently wearing my Squale 1545 militaire on a NATO because I can't adjust the bracelet. The links are secured by a screw pin that seems impossible to remove. I have the right size tool, but cannot remove them. After much cursing, I got one out, and noticed the threads had some sort of tape or loctite type stuff on them. Have any of you had this issue before and found an easy fix? I've tried hot water, it did nothing.

·
Registered
28,381 Posts
Bummer. Never happened when I had nice, although the screw bars were a bit tough to size if I remember correctly, but did not have your issue.

Have to be careful if it is Loctite.

Does not work and play well with watch stuff unless you really want to secure something via threads.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to jut in here..

I'm in the market for a Blueray but am worried about the band. Not so much difficulty with removing it but about sizing. I have around 8.5" wrists and am worried it won't fit out of the box. What's your experience with it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys, this is my first post on WUS. Just to share how I managed to resize my 1545 classic. I used the lighter method for this one. Point your lighter towards the screw so that the screw meets the non-luminous part of the flame (for maximum heat and also to prevent soot from forming on the bracelet, which makes cleaning a pain in the s). Hold it there for around 30 secs and you should start to hear some crackling sounds, which I guess represents the breaking of the loctite bonds. Quickly test it by unscrewing the screw with your screwdriver. If it starts to turn, congratulations. Otherwise, keep heating.

Was about to bring it to a shop to see what ideas they have to loosen the screws. Guess I gave up too quickly on my first try and did not heat it long enough. So there you go guys, hope this works for you like how it did for me!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts