WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night when I was changing the battery on my DW5600C I had some trouble getting the gasket properly installed. Should one try to fit the o-ring into the machined groove, or fit it on the caseback and screw it down onto the case?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I would say the machined groove, that way you know it's where you want it and you won't pinch it. Have you tried a little smear of grease to hold the oring in place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
The new rings can be a little tight sometimes, and don't fit perfectly. I sometimes stretch them a few times with my hands (pulling apart gently) and that makes it temporarily big enough to fit in the groove. Then close the case before it shrinks back down again.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
For some reason, the compression of the o-ring makes it larger over time. So with really old ones, you'll have a tough time getting it into the machined groove. If you lubricate it though, it'll be easier (there's a slight sticky nature to the lube that helps). It'll eventually get into place. Do not put it on the case back and hope for the best--it will NEVER align properly that way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts