WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a Marathon CSAR. It's my first 7750 chrono and my only screw down pusher watch. The manual states that the pushers should be screwed down when not in use. My question is this, does that mean I can leave them unscrewed for a few hours if I anticipate using the chrono and I'm not under water? Just how "open" does this make the watch? Does it break the "seal" only when I push one in or is it just wide open if the thing is screwed out?

Reason I ask, is I have been using the chrono feature while flying lately to track overall sortie length. I'm worried about getting moisture in the watch if I leave them unscrewed while flying at various altitudes. Is this a concern or not? It's a PITA to screw and unscrew the darn things with flight gloves on.

Thanks for the help gang and yes I realize this is more of a pilot forum question but since I'm talking about water I figure the divers is where the question would be best answered. Thanks again. ;-)

·
Registered
495 Posts
I think you'll be alright leaving them unscrewed for the use you've described, unless you're expecting a cockpit environment with the moisture/humidity of an amazon forest. And if you've got a rainforest in your cockpit, you've got bigger problems than a foggy watch.

You might post this query over at the Pil/Mil forum instead.

·
G-Shock Mod
14,010 Posts
my understanding is that leaving the screw down presser unscrewed will have no ill effect

unless you accidentally activated the presser under water

i think the screw down feature is for you to avoid accidental activation of the presser underwater, its not like the screw down crown

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think the screw down feature is for you to avoid accidental activation of the presser underwater, its not like the screw down crown
This is my understanding too but I just wanted to check with the masses to make sure. :-!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts