WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just rummaging through my "to do" pile of old watches'n bits which I acquired sometime ago. Found this lot - can anybody see any interesting piece/s which should be paid "special attention"? :)

Lot1A.jpg

Lot1B - Copy.jpg

Yes, the Lavina is unfortunately upside down o|

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
The Caravelle indeed looks like it could be a looker after a service, crystal change and a proper case cleaning. The Citizen and the Enicar also look like they have potential.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi, thanks for all your comments. Yes, upon closer examination indeed there aren't many pieces worth repairing other than to keep as spares. I agree the Caravelle has a potential. A quick internet search shows it's a model with so called "Jet Second hand". I didn't find many of these to cross reference and in the absence of serial number (or a year mark) I can only guess the watch was made around 1969-75. The screw on back is almost completely polished out with barely visible wording "Caravelle, Water Resistant, Stainless Steel. There is a case reference 745-1 on the inside of the watch back with a stylized BV? above it. The Bulova 11OKACB is a renamed cal AS1906 movement 17j with Trishock/Ruby-shock? protection beating at a decent 21600 A/h. Unfortunately, there seem to be an issue with the balance and the setting mechanism so I won't know without complete disassembly exactly what is going on. Here are few more images of the watch.

CAR122344 - Copy.jpg CAR122125 - Copy.jpg

CAR121251 - Copy.jpg CAR121325 - Copy.jpg

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is the "No Name" watch up close - 25j cal ETA2782 21600 A/h SS - bonus it's working.
Now all it needs is a service, "new face", plexi and a decent watch strap.

UNK131309 - Copy.jpg UNK132542 - Copy.jpg

The Citizen model 63-1639 (so called UFO?) is probably from mid 1965-70. Dial is almost spotless - unfortunately I broke the old brittled armoured plexi.
This watch has balance issues. Obviously no stem, crown, etc.

CIT122622 - Copy.jpg

The Enicar (from 1970) has a lot of accumulated dirt (even inside) and the spring bars are rusted in.
I'm guessing there should be a seal somewhere inside the watch.
The back is hmm ... well used with a faint inscription on the back "HMC447" (Her Majesty's Customs?)
Perhaps it's an old 007 watch LOL :think:

AR1125N 130956 - CopyB.jpg AR BCK131210.jpg

·
Registered
440 Posts
The Caravelle, also known as a "Devil Diver" for the 666 ft. rating, sports either a F-4 or F-105 on the second hand(can't remember which). Popular at the PX in Viet Nam and elsewhere way back when.
A nice collectible piece that I believe is in an unusual case as they were normally in the standard, round diver style. This one is well worth the trouble.
Would love to find one at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The Caravelle, also known as a "Devil Diver" for the 666 ft. rating, sports either a F-4 or F-105 on the second hand(can't remember which). Popular at the PX in Viet Nam and elsewhere way back when.
A nice collectible piece that I believe is in an unusual case as they were normally in the standard, round diver style. This one is well worth the trouble.
Would love to find one at a reasonable price.
Thanks mate, as mentioned Caravelle came with the other watches. From memory, what interested me initially in this lot was actually the Lavina but I was curious about the "unknown SS"
watch with 25j, also the Citizen looked Ok. I would have glanced at the Caravelle as well I'm sure even though it looked well used. Speaking of which, I have another C666
(but the the more common round type) patiently waiting for balance replacement, COA and bezel insert change. Yes the C "Jet Seconds" dating from 1969 was made 3/4 way in to the
Viet Nam conflict. Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts