WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new custom rubber strap for my Vostok Amphibian. It is really a high quality strap made out of rubber (not silicone). It follows the trend set forth by Isofrane. Perfectly fits my Scuba Dude watch in 22mm ministry case and has Scuba Dude image and Amphibian logo. Buckle is "screwed down", no cheap pins.
View attachment 8786802 View attachment 8786826 View attachment 8786842

Attachments

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Can you share who made your strap? I'd love to get a custom rubber strap for my OKEAH.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Also, is that one of the new crowns from Meranom? I did almost the exact same mods to my 710 dude, but the crown was way too brushed for the polished case. Did you polish the crown to get it to look like that?

·
Registered
605 Posts
That is awesome stuff!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These straps are now available from the major auction site :). Not sure if anybody will make a single strap based on my knowledge. Should be a production run....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The crown is from Meranom. Had to force it to work, would not snap at first and the thread was a bot too tight at first.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know that some folks are not in favor of straight (not tapered) straps but I should admit that this one is extremely comfy due to the fact that the buckle is well fitted and does not stick out while secured on the wrist.
I tried many dive straps in my collection of watches and think that this one is as good as $120 Isofrane at a fraction of a price.

·
Registered
8,934 Posts
It is straight 22mm and is 22mm at the buckle.
Mmm, that's a deal breaker for me: even the strap of the 1967 which is nice is uncomfortable to wear and the buckle is too big for the watch. I assume these straps are popular because of the "tough guy" look but in reality the human wrist is made to bend inward and therefore from an ergonomic point of view tapering makes sense.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Any clues on how to find this on eBay? Can't find it anywhere.
searched ebay US for the following: " VOSTOK AMPHIBIAN DIVER WATCH STRAP BAND RUBBER 22MM BLACK"
I found the seller with zero feedback . He has only one left after I purchased two.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another point that is worth mentioning... Vostoks are known for their "notorious" inconsistency with lugs and springbars when the holes on lugs are drilled with Vostok's high tolerances and deviations. It makes hard to find a rubber strap with good fit against the case. Some dive straps are just too thick and fit very tight and some are too thin with a "cheap" wobbliness feel. This custom strap does it just right - does not push against the case and the gap between the case and strap end is not highly visible either.

·
Registered
8,934 Posts
Another point that is worth mentioning... Vostoks are known for their "notorious" inconsistency with lugs and springbars when the holes on lugs are drilled with Vostok's high tolerances and deviations. It makes hard to find a rubber strap with good fit against the case. Some dive straps are just too thick and fit very tight and some are too thin with a "cheap" wobbliness feel. This custom strap does it just right - does not push against the case and the gap between the case and strap end is not highly visible either.
I never noticed that, not even is Soviet Vostoks, the main problem I had is that the springbars they use are bigger than the standard on the market so some rubber strap don't fit, or they need redrilling.

Even the 1967 strap I bought for my 090 needed redrilling as it was meant for thinner bars.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts