WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

After owning an OP 39 I'm sensitive to Rolex and their great craftmanship and ease of wearability .

I'm eyeballing either a SD 16600 from '08 at cool price (given what they seem to sell for lately), or a DJ II with stick dial.

I can only compare with a pelagos in terms of thickness and overall rolexy diver with date look.

I'm mostly a bracelet guy, rubber and thats all. I dont like natos nor leather straps as I often get my hands wet at work. So I tend to become picky when it comes to that point.

The oyster on the OP 39 was yet my best experience. Then comes the pelagos and black bay from a comfort, quality perspective. I tried older 5 digits rolex and found the hollow bracelet rattly and not on par with the rest.

Never tried a sel one, except 114060 or 116610 models so how would it feel on a SD from 2008 ?:think: I know it has SEL, the clasp isnt near elaborated but is it enjoyable or really poor compared to a 6 digits oyster ?

The seller takes appointment for sells only and cant find one in a secondhand store nearby to try it on.

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
If you equate quality to heft and a solid bracelet, you will likely feel let-down on the 93260 Rolex SD bracelet. For many people, it just doesn't feel as "expensive" due to the hollow center links. Personally, I love the lighter weight of the older Rolex bracelets and find them to be more comfortable and plenty strong when compared to the newer solid-link Rolex bracelets. The shorter clasp is also more comfortable than the glidelock for a smaller wrist. I have owned or currently own SDs, a Pelagos, BB, glidelock, 93260, 93150......I've owned most of what is out there from Rolex or Tudor. My favorite watch of them all is a 16600 if I had to keep only one watch and wear it daily for everything.

I'm not sure if I helped here, but it is my 2c

1 - 2 of 2 Posts