WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Sea Dweller at 1200m!

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  steve12345 
#1 · (Edited)
Here are some pics I found of a Sea Dweller being strapped to an ROV and taken down to 1200m.b-) b-) b-)

1- Preparing for 1'30 deep dive in Angola waters. Sea-Dweller is fixed on a soft metal plate.

2- Some words as a souvenir. Oups wrong year date pal!

3- Ready for diving in a few minutes....

4- A view of the ROV (Remote Operated Vehicle).

5- The Sea-Dweller on all remote control screens.

6- Look at the screen, the Rolex reached 1200 meters, that is a pressure on the crystal of about 1200kgs. Sea-Dweller where it belongs... deep sea.

7- The robot arm of the TOTAL ROV.

8- Coming back to the surface from the dark, Luminova is working at 257meters.

9- The Sea-Dweller...?

10- Alive and well, the SD kept good time and did the job.

11- The SD can go back on the owner's wrist!

All pictures and credit go to - Pol Palacios.

See less See more
#3 ·
Great pics John and thanks for posting a great thread.
Nice to see what one of my watches can do even though I will never go lower than the deep end of a pool.

Merry Christmassantasmile
Andy

#8 ·
Now that is pretty darn cool!

#14 ·
Outstanding ! I suggest we do a group test of all the watches that claim to be water resistent to 1000 Meters or more. I would like to see how the Tauchmeister, Wenger 1000 MTR diver do at around $ 180 etc. I see lots of watches making claims and this is a great way to test them. The camera will face the watch and if the watch stops/breaks on it decent you can see how far down it got with the depth meter in the camera shot.
I honestly am skeptical about the $ 100 Tauchmeister and $ 180 Wenger 1000 meter divers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.