WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pleased to recently learn that the Sea-gull 1963 "Air Force" re-issue was still available from Watchunique (and, it seems, a few other places) and that I hadn't missed the boat on it. It's a great looking watch and I've mostly heard good things about the ST-19. These big domed acrylic crystals are really growing on me too.

Ivo at Watchunique was great to deal with. He shipped out pretty quickly and I received the package over in the US in about 3 business days (!). I've been wearing the watch for the last week and the daily rate seems to be somewhere between +5s and +10s, so definitely rather good. Mine stutters a little bit, but it's not beyond expectations and it does have a bit of distinctive charm.

As one can see, this is the balanced second-hand, red-filled star and solid back version. The olive NATO is OEM, the leather strap is a brown Di-Modell Bali with contrast stitching.

Here are some of the shots I took of it (as always, BIG full resolution copies are available on my flickr account)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Congratulations!

What interest me most is what you're reading!

And since I've owned it, I've been trying to put different bands on it, I wonder how it looks like with a orange Nato. Personally I prefer a Zulu (the added thickness is not something I prefer) band but it seems the watch goes well with a lot of bands.

Ken

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations!

What interest me most is what you're reading!

And since I've owned it, I've been trying to put different bands on it, I wonder how it looks like with a orange Nato. Personally I prefer a Zulu (the added thickness is not something I prefer) band but it seems the watch goes well with a lot of bands.

Ken
Thanks! I was wondering if anyone would be curious about that. The green one under the NATO strap is a nice coffee-table book about Tea. The blue cover is an old copy of Foreign Affairs I had lying around. And the others are of Jonathan Spence's
The Gate of Heavenly Peace, which is a nice popular history of modern China.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Indeed, nice pix!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
http://www.watchunique.com/1963-air-force.html

It was listed as "in stock" when I ordered, but I believe that historically people have ordered when it was "out of stock" and still received them. Otherwise, it has also been listed out of stock" in the past and come back into stock later. You should email Ivo, the guy who runs the place, and inquire on its availability.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here's mine:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Congrats!
I'll put some Hirsch Leonardo straps on my 1963 this weekend, and post some pictures.
Too bad I don't have a SLR, picture quality will be greatly compromised.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yeah that is an unexpected winner, love it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts