WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to see some quality pictures of someone's GP Sea Hawk Pro 3000. All of the stuff on the internet is really grainy and doesn't do the watch any justice. Preferrably with the rubber strap.

I am thinking about buying one of these as it is my ultimate Grail and I am going to have to sell off a few to finanace this one!

Thanks,
Erik

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
That is SWEET Vince!
Al

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Bravo :-!

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Here you go! My one!
b-)

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Geez that is freaking awesome!! :p That case and bezel!!...and those hands and that lume....!!!!
WOW!!

If anyone has one I'd like to see a closer up photo of this case back:
My Pleasure! Sorry not too clear tho. b-)

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Thanks Lex! I was trying to get a good look at the critter on the back. I assume this is the Sea Hawk?? It looks like a pissed off catfish!!! :-! Killer logo with the trident & anchor combined!! :p

I flipped your photo and brightened it up a bit so I could see it better:
Yeah I love it too!

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Cool! Very Chinese Dragonish.. :-!
Actually. This is what it really is. Official blurb from GP:

"The case back is stamped with a very significant symbol: a porpoise snaked around an anchor with a trident. This symbol was attached to a patent filed by Girard-Perregaux in 1898 at the Intellectual Property Office in Germany."

·
Registered
785 Posts
Actually. This is what it really is. Official blurb from GP:

"The case back is stamped with a very significant symbol: a porpoise snaked around an anchor with a trident. This symbol was attached to a patent filed by Girard-Perregaux in 1898 at the Intellectual Property Office in Germany."
I hope to never run into that particular porpoise while underwater! ;-)

Thanks for the info ... I didn't recognize it as a porpoise, I was thinking aquatic Chinese dragonish sounded appropriate. b-)

--Keith

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
I hope to never run into that particular porpoise while underwater! ;-)

Thanks for the info ... I didn't recognize it as a porpoise, I was thinking aquatic Chinese dragonish sounded appropriate. b-)

--Keith
Ha ha! :-d Me too. Yeah, they had some strange ideas of what a porpoise should look like back in those days. Cheers. b-)

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very cool pics! Thanks for all of the quick replies. Now I just have to convince my wife the importance of me having this watch! :think:

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Very cool pics! Thanks for all of the quick replies. Now I just have to convince my wife the importance of me having this watch! :think:
Good luck! :-!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
More great pics. Thanks, Lex.|> I have a total dislike of HEV's, and the Pro has two of them! But I'd be happy to make an exception just once to see this watch on my wrist!:)

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Those are just about dive watch nirvana to my eyes.
Hope you land one eb!

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
Be careful or you'll end up like this fella

And as Lex says:
Good luck! :-!
Seriously Lex - thanks for those shots of the crystal and the case - WHAT a watch!! Amazing......

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
More great pics. Thanks, Lex.|> I have a total dislike of HEV's, and the Pro has two of them! But I'd be happy to make an exception just once to see this watch on my wrist!:)
HEV's are pretty redundant but to be honest I hardly notice them, the huge case, chunky crown and bezel get all my attention. Cheers! b-)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts