• Want both

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Not interested at all

Votes: 5 12.5%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,736 Posts
OK, lets see how many people would have an interest in a ladies Doxa being back in the line-up.;-)
Yea, I'd buy at least two. One for my wife and one for my daughter. My daughter is only 11 weeks old but you have to plan for the future, right?:-d

I know that in the past DOXA has officially commented on not producing a ladies sized watch. The reasons are because some official Swiss research says that part of the market is dead. Maybe it is in the general sense but they can't possibly account for the unique collector market that DOXA has. DOXA has a cult following that I'm sure would baffle a lot of statisticians.

What I think DOXA should do is crunch the numbers on what it would take to produce a ladies reissue. Figure out how many units would have to be sold to make it worth their while and then leave it up to the forum members. If enough forum members commit with paid pre-orders, then the watches get made. If not, then the Swiss statisticians were right and it's a dead issue.

What do you say DOXA guys?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point made with the paid pre-orders. Doxa would have nothing to lose buy doing that. I actually think you made several valid points. Maybe Doxa will do some head scratching and in return make many forum members happy. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gsm,

Thanks. You are absolutely right. I simply forgot about that one. I can't figure out how to edit the poll but at least we can get an idea about the overall interest for a reissue ladies doxa. Didn't you have a coralline at one time?

·
Registered
262 Posts
ssmith, yes I had a coralline that I got for my wife. I sold it on the bay a little over a month ago. She did not wear it much and actually preferred a basic eta 2824 powered watch that I put together for her. I have not worked since last July and have thinned out my collection a bit. If there was a reissue of the ladies subs I would get one for her again. It is a cool watch. Gsm

·
Registered
249 Posts
As long as it's an auto. I'd buy an orange faced one for my son, and for my daughter, if she was interested, and not so prone to lose things. I'm sure that I could talk my wife into wearing one, she's really concerned about the size of a watch, but I'm all for seeing an option.

Troy

·
Registered
249 Posts
Please instruct a novice on the difference between the Coralline and the Sea Nymph. Face colour, I assume?

·
Registered
920 Posts
I have been looking for either for a while for my wife. That must of been GSM's watch I was bidding on a month or so ago. I hope to find one some day soon for a reasonable price. I would love to be able to buy a new one.

Smurfe

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the comparison photo. It really helps my wife with the size of the coralline. I'm still in search of one. I wish I had snagged yours off the bay. I could have easily met you and picked it up. Oh well, my loss (or my wife), someone elses gain. Again, thanks gsm.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I would be a buyer for both. My wife, as well as one for my daughter. I have a son that is 11, and depending on the size one of these could work for him for a few years. I'm a big fan of ladies divers and have refurbished about 6 of them for my wife and children. Come on Doxa, step up to the pump. There are guys out there producing watches in 50 to 250 per run and making a go of it. This would be a great opportunity for you as well as for us. What other well known swiss dive watch company could compete? None! I've got my pre-order money ready to go.:-!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just wanted to add something to get this at the top of the list. Come on you doxaholics, I'm sure more people than this would be interested in a ladies doxa for that significant other in their life. Let Doxa know it and vote.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Good luck with this ... of course I would buy them ... but I'm telling ya .DOXA has no plans to do a ladies watch and I spent lots of time last year trying to get them to see the light ... it didn't happen. I have to agree that a pre-order and cost comp would be great but ... they just don't see the market out there.

I really wish that they would re-consider and I would be the first one to give them the money ...

Johno|

P.S. see the numbers on the poll .... last time we did this we had around 50 people and if it wasn't in the 100's they felt no market. Last year they (DOXA rep) is the one that listed the poll it was only listed for a couple days and then pulled off the forum ...

·
Registered
439 Posts
I wish they could move forward with the production with only 50 pre-orders. I figure it would be easy to sell the rest via the retail stores, now that the stores are up and running.

Just think how many wives, girlfriends, & kids stand next to the man about to buy a Doxa sub in the retail stores. They'd stand next to them and would be saying, "I want to buy one also, I just wish they made a smaller one". ;-) Then again, I'm not in marketing. I'm in Doxahaulic dreamland.:-(

With that said, I'll put a non-refundable deposit or even pay in full (non-refundable) on one today.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Would be a hit with a diamond in the bezel :-! no doubt!

·
Registered
249 Posts
A diamond in the bezel I believe would reduce the sales market, because some young men would not be so apt to purchase a dive watch with a diamond, and I would not consider it for my son. And what business would a diamond have on a utility watch anyhow?

Troy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts