WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a seadweller and was offered a trade up proposal. the yachtmaser has the platinum bezel.

i would trade either my Zenith Flyback or Kobold Polar Surveyor + the Seadweller for the Yachtmaster.

i think the yachtmaster is a hell of a cool looking watch. Any info on the movement or experience with a yachtmaster would also be appreciated.

Thank you for your advice and have a happy Thanksgiving!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I believe the movements are the same.

I personally like the SD more. But it's total personal preference. The yachtmaster has better clasp, heavier bracelet, more of a rounded case. Lots of small differences. My light skin color doesn't pull off the platinum yachtmaster unfortunately.

·
Registered
359 Posts
If you prefer the look and/or platinum, go for it. The movement is the same, 3135 in each. If you do not dive and are interested purely in aesthetics, the do it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
When I bought my YM last year I was torn between the SD, Subd and the YM.
First I refused the SD because of its measurements (especially the height) und the missing loupe.
Finally I chose the YM because of the unique combination of elegance and sportiness and the fact that this model is not that widely spread like for example the Subd.

Movement is however in all three watches the same.

Please do not understand me wrong: the SD is a great and tough watch and if you are a real diver and do not wear often a suit - then go for it....

Hope it helps,
Cheers

·
Registered
848 Posts
I sold my SD this summer and bought a Yachtmaster

I just couldn't get used to the top heavy feel of the SD. I sold it and bought the Yachtmaster (lightly used) and do not regret it in the slightest. For me, the Yachtmaster easily works as a dress watch or casual. I do draw the line at wearing while changing the oil on the car type of work, but otherwise I am very pleased with mine and wear it a lot.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The YM is a bit bling for me.

If I had a Sea Dweller, I would NEVER sell it.
I know where you are coming from on the "bling". I considered getting a slightly used one and having it brushed down in nearly the same places as an Exp. II. Would not do much for the resale value, but would cut down on the glare. I frankly wished they made a watch like the Sub with a stainless dial.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I know where you are coming from on the "bling". I considered getting a slightly used one and having it brushed down in nearly the same places as an Exp. II. Would not do much for the resale value, but would cut down on the glare. I frankly wished they made a watch like the Sub with a stainless dial.
Wouldn't that be a bit hard to read?:think:
Take a photo of a sub, then move it to photoshop and reverse the polarity and you'll see what I mean.:-D

The only thing I like about the YM is the maxi dial, but then if I was looking for that, I would favor the Kermit anyday.|>

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wouldn't that be a bit hard to read?:think:
Take a photo of a sub, then move it to photoshop and reverse the polarity and you'll see what I mean.:-D

The only thing I like about the YM is the maxi dial, but then if I was looking for that, I would favor the Kermit anyday.|>

Interesting concept regarding the polarity. I am unable to manipulate a photo as you suggest. It would be great if you could post such a hybrid creature.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Re: seadweller v. Yachtmaster advice

The YM is the second Rolex I bought and the only modern one I have left. It's an amazing watch, very comfortable and the heavy platinum bezel and dial are nicely balanced by the solid center links on the bracelet. |>
Also, you are comparing a SS watch to a platinum/SS watch. =) maverick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts