1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
I feel obliged to post a few pictures of mine (the one in Brunei):

Cheers!

Abbazz
Abbazz,

Your photography is wonderful as always. I love the wrist shot of the M177s with the Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque in the background. I enjoy travel as much as I enjoy good watches so seeing your work is a pleasure. Thanks for sharing with us!

·
Registered
839 Posts
I'm looking forward to the day I can find a M177s for sale. It always makes me sad to visit the Sea-Gull USA web site see the watch sold out. It is a beauty. Congratulations to all the current owners!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Abbazz,

Your photography is wonderful as always. I love the wrist shot of the M177s with the Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque in the background. I enjoy travel as much as I enjoy good watches so seeing your work is a pleasure. Thanks for sharing with us!
Thanks for the kind words, checknwatch. Here are a few more pictures of the M177S in its new equatorial setting:

Cheers!

Abbazz

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
great photos...can't wait for mine to arrive. Am having a fellow poster use his homemade mechanical Regulator to experiment on improving the average accuracy rating from 10 seconds/day to 2seconds or even 0seconds !!! Honest! haha!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I wonder if availability of the 177S is being restricted so that they can introduce the similar but much more expensive 198S. I assume that the 198S has an upscale movement but I don't know for sure.

·
Sponsor
96 Posts
I wonder if availability of the 177S is being restricted so that they can introduce the similar but much more expensive 198S. I assume that the 198S has an upscale movement but I don't know for sure.
Yes, the model is discontinued.:-( The last batch of M177s I ordered from the factory, the seagull sales manager had to go the near Sea-Gull watch shops in Tianjin and recalled them for me since the production department did not have anymore. He only got me 9 units, 5 were pre order and 4 units I sent to Mark, and that s it.
For M198s and M208s they are using ST18 movement (thinnest Sea-Gull movement), the whole watch is only 9mm thick. I will introduce both units into the North America soon. Here are some pictures:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Yes, the model is discontinued.:-( The last batch of M177s I ordered from the factory, the seagull sales manager had to go the near Sea-Gull watch shops in Tianjin and recalled them for me since the production department did not have anymore. He only got me 9 units, 5 were pre order and 4 units I sent to Mark, and that s it.
For M198s and M208s they are using ST18 movement (thinnest Sea-Gull movement), the whole watch is only 9mm thick. I will introduce both units into the North America soon. Here are some pictures:
I suspect it's a part of Seagull's attempt to create a more upscale image. Perhaps we will see the resurection of one of the earlier Seagull brands in the affordable niche. Until then if you like one of the more affordable models the time to buy is now.;-)

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Many thanks to Kevin and Mark for sourcing the last 177S models!!!
As for nsmike's thoughts, well, the first affordable niche models under $200 are selling fast. Nevertheless, newer models (so much vintage styles) will tend to reflect the going market value. Check out the new M306S here.....http://sea-gullcanada.ca/ ...... an all new Sport 50M auto HI-BEAT!!!! size around 41mm wide.

·
Registered
27,043 Posts
This one is yummy :p

1 - 20 of 42 Posts