WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered a watch 17 days ago but hasn't been shipped yet. I keep asking them why it hasn't been shipped yet but I didn't get any replies to my email or messages via their messaging system .
I wonder if its normal that they take so long before shipping out watches . how about ypu guys, your experience with seagull shall be appreciated post them below .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
I ordered a watch 17 days ago but hasn't been shipped yet. I keep asking them why it hasn't been shipped yet but I didn't get any replies to my email or messages via their messaging system .
I wonder if its normal that they take so long before shipping out watches . how about ypu guys, your experience with seagull shall be appreciated post them below .

This is not an issue with Sea-Gull but rather the seller in Singapore that has a terrible customer service record right now.
Look at the '...NOT OMEGA!' thread and you will see that there are many happy customers, many not so happy and too many that are like you who ordered and paid for the watches but have heard nothing for weeks.

Don't wait too long before starting and action with e-Bay. Once 45 days has gone by you will have no recourse.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I had to go as far as to perform a PayPal claim case to get my money back. Contacted Seagull.sg several times with zero reply, filled a PayPal dispute, he never responded, escalated the dispute to claim, still nothing. Luckily soon after the time given to seller has passed, they approved the claim in my favor. So i should get my money back soon. I generally don't mind the waiting, but being a hostage of your own money, well that sucks. Because of this i was unable to order the watch from elsewhere until the credit card limit was released again half a month later.

I already have Seagull.sg on my blacklist and as soon as i get my money back i'll try to delete my account on their page and delete it from bookmarks. I've already placed a negative rating on WOT service to warn others.

For the next time, if you feel on buying another Sea-Gull watch, look at these stores instead:
http://www.usseagull.com
https://www.seagullwatchstore.com

I personally haven't purchased from Seagull US yet, but so far i've only heard good things about them. I did make 2 purchases from seagullwatchstore.com . While some say it's a grey market seller, i have a good experience with them. They always shipped out watches instantly after payment and while my second watch is still in transit, it seems like their delivery time to my country is ~1 week. Which is really good. I'm surely gonna buy from this store again if i'll feel like owning another Sea-Gull.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see i'll just a few more days then.
I hope it wont get to a paypal dispute :(, because I want this watch bad XD

·
Registered
138 Posts
I wouldn't touch Seagull sg with a barge pole. I bought a 1963 reissue which was not as pictured it did not have the 2nd line of Chinese characters at "6", even worse it broke on 1st winding. Communication prior and post purchase has been pathetic and I'm stuck with a broken watch that was not the one i wanted. It's has been my worst online purchase ever!!!

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
I wouldn't touch Seagull sg with a barge pole. I bought a 1963 reissue which was not as pictured it did not have the 2nd line of Chinese characters at "6", even worse it broke on 1st winding. Communication prior and post purchase has been pathetic and I'm stuck with a broken watch that was the one i wanted. It's has been my worst online purchase ever!!!
PM lysanderxiii here on the forum. He is very knowledgeable about this watch and may be able to make some suggestions as to parts sources and repairs that could ultimately be less expensive than risking sending the watch back to the seller and maybe never seeing it again.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do we have some kind of seagull.sg rep here mb I contact him but I can't find anything

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
The e-mail is worthless. Some people got answers, but i never got any from him. Neither did i get the watch...

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
What is your order status on their page?
I noticed from my first order in October that when my watch was shipped, the status changed from confirmed to preparing.
There was no tracking info though.
I got it by email from David.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Mine stayed at "Confirmed (Unshipped)" forever.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I've had a relatively painless experience:

I ordered mine on the 13th of Dec. requested a shipping address change, got an immediate answer.
Received an email to confirm my ship to address on the 17th.
Received tracking number on the 21st.
Left Singapore on the 23rd.
Arrive in the US 1/2/14
Tracking said it left sorting facility in Kearny NJ yesterday, but still haven't seen it yet today here (NYC).
I assume it's delayed because of the snow storm.
Hope to see it Monday.

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Fuzzylogic said:

I ordered mine on the 13th of Dec. requested a shipping address change, got an immediate answer.
Arrive in the US 1/2/14
Tracking said it left sorting facility in Kearny NJ yesterday, but still haven't seen it yet today here (NYC).
Hope to see it Monday.
Your time-line is near identical to mine, yet I have no idea if and when my package will arrive.
Copying and Pasting your text with a few edits:

• I ordered mine on the 13th of Dec.
  • Received an email to confirm my ship-to address on the 17th.
  • Received tracking number on the 21st.
  • Ever since, I only see the following (empty) screen when checking for updates:

140104_Seagull_SG_tracking.jpg

Apparently, USPS has received heads-up that the package is coming (I guess someone has entered something to that effect in the tracking-system), but no package has materialized yet. I will exercise patience a little longer. It's sad / surprising: one of my "buddies" in NL has received his already two days ago and has posted pics here.

RonB

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

Arrive in the US 1/2/14
Hope to see it Monday.
Yup, same as me. No dramas. Got email from them 2 weeks after I ordered. I didn't try to send them any email during that time. I got my watch now already. No defects and works like a charm.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Ordered on Dec 15, watch shipped on Jan 3. Sent 2-3 polite emails before hearing back. Took roughly a a week to get a reply email. So, not the best response.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts