WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love the black face 2254.50 Seamaster, but dislike the bracelet. While the watch pays homage to the rugged late 60s era Seamaster 300s, the Bond bracelet they used to couple with it--and now the Speedmaster bracelet--never really seemed to quite "fit." The Bond braclet was too elegant for this simple no BS watch, and the Speedy bracelet, while more simple in appearance, dilutes the virility of the watch with its 2 narrow strips of "pretty boy" polished steel surrounding the middle tri-link. It gives it an unflattering trendy look--kind of like a Tag Heuer, which I believe is discordant with what a rugged tool-icon Seamaster 300 should represent.

I think this watch would look better with all brushed steel on the bracelet (like the late 60s 300s--and the Rolex Sub) . Are there any Omega SS brushed bracelet options to replace the stock Speedy?

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
The bracelet of the Great White GMT (ref# 1611/931) is totally brushed:

This would be the only Omega option.

Fr. John+

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
My memory isn't perfect, but it seems like Glimmer had an Aqua Terra bracelet on his SMP. Anyone else remember that?

eric

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
My memory isn't perfect, but it seems like Glimmer had an Aqua Terra bracelet on his SMP. Anyone else remember that?
You're correct, Eric.

Glimmer did pull that switch.

Fr. John+

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
You're correct, Eric.

Glimmer did pull that switch.

Fr. John+
Yes, I did...switched the Aqua Terra bracelet with the Speedy Pro bracelet a few months back. Here's a pic: ( a bit fuzzy but you will notice the polished row on the AT that came from the Speedy)

Switched it back after a while but now I'm getting ideas again...;-)

Thanks
Glimmer

·
Registered
150 Posts
Anyone else have ideas. Especially for a submariner looking bracelet which would fit the Seamaster better I think. I like the look of Zulu's and Nato's too.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Here's a SMP with an Aqua Terra brushed bracelet. I believe the clasp is the hidden pushbutton clasp of the Aqua Terra instead of the Standard SMP clasp.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Personally, I love the Speedmaster-style bracelet, but if you're really THAT uncomfortable with your sexuality to wear a "pretty boy" bracelet (just kidding :-d), you could always use a scotchbrite pad to apply a brushed finish to the polished small links, which would make it look like the bracelet in the second post.

·
Registered
260 Posts
No bracelet option - a strap option!

How do ya think about it?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, I did...switched the Aqua Terra bracelet with the Speedy Pro bracelet a few months back. Here's a pic: ( a bit fuzzy but you will notice the polished row on the AT that came from the Speedy)

Switched it back after a while but now I'm getting ideas again...;-)

Thanks
Glimmer
So the Aqua Terra bracelet is the exact replacement size to fit a new modern day Hesalite Speedmaster? Are new end links required, or will it fit perfectly right off the shelf?

·
Banned
3,251 Posts
Here's a SMP with an Aqua Terra brushed bracelet. I believe the clasp is the hidden pushbutton clasp of the Aqua Terra instead of the Standard SMP clasp.

Love the gold and blue dial! :-! Quite striking.

~JB

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
dont agree with you, the bracelet is what makes this watch a classic.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Hi,

I have the SMP 2533.50, aka "America's Cup". I got it from the forum fav AD(thanks again, forum!), and it came with the Bond bracelet. Initially, I wasn't that crazy about the Bond bracelet...thought it was a bit too blingy with the basket weave links and polished bits. I thought I'd eventually get a Speedy bracelet for it. But, it's the most comfortable bracelet I've ever worn, and, to be honest, it's really grown on me...and I now think it's the ideal bracelet for my AC! Since the case has some polished areas, the Bond really complements it. :-!

Here's a pic of my AC on the Bond. Sorry it's such a crappy shot, but it's the best bracelet shot I have of the watch...:roll:

;-)

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
Similar to the one on my 120

Great band - substantial, but super comfortable. I put this watch on a lot because of how great it feels to wear.

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Initially, I wasn't that crazy about the Bond bracelet...thought it was a bit too blingy with the basket weave links and polished bits. I thought I'd eventually get a Speedy bracelet for it. But, it's the most comfortable bracelet I've ever worn, and, to be honest, it's really grown on me... :-!
That's exactly what I thought about the Bond bracelet. It turned out not that blingy.:-d And super comfortable. I also like the bracelet doesn't taper down. b-) That being said, I like the Speedy or PO style bracelet also. It's just nice to have some variety I think.

All of sudden, it's getting warm outside (from 30F to 60F) here in Wisconsin. I already feel my bracelet getting kind of tight on my wrist.:-d

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
It looks fabulous on your 120! Beautiful piece! :-!

Similar to the one on my 120

Great band - substantial, but super comfortable. I put this watch on a lot because of how great it feels to wear.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Hi Hiro,

Just mho, but I think the Bond is perfect on your Electric Blue, especially with that polished bezel insert! :-! I love the Electric Blue! b-)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts