WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Complete amateur here when it comes to anything other than the basics in identifying the yays and nays of the Bond Seamaster.
Should the clasp pin be protruding on the "wrist" side this way? on my 2254.50 it's perfectly flush, of course that's a Speedy bracelet so perhaps different.

The pip on the bezel actually seems to be flush with the bezel - almost as though there's a layer of "glass" over it? it's not raised above the metal circle, but again my 2254.50 has the recessed pip but with no "glass" above that making it almost flush with the pip metal surround circle?
The serial is 6047xxxx so seems to date to around 1999 or perhaps 2000 at a stretch.
Are the hands the correct length? I'm not familiar with exactly how they should be on the 1999 2531.80

Thanks again for any input.
-fm

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually, my mistake on the pip! it was another diver I had. The 2254.50 does indeed have the "almost flush glass" below the ridge of the pip metal circle.
Thoughts on bezel, hands and strap clasp anyone?

Thanks again,
-fm

·
Registered
374 Posts
Clasp is much different on my 2254. Better finishing on the closure and the omega markings on the bracelet are barely visible. More of a laser etching than an engraving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback.
So, based on trawling pictures online, auctions, jewellers etc, the clasp can indeed have the protrusion on the wrist side on the Bond strap.
My 2254.50 is flush, and does have the lighter engraving of the bracelet model etc. rather than the deep engraving on the Bond Seamaster. It does seem to be normal, there have been a number of iterations of the 2254.50 Speedy strap.
So, based on what I have found, the 2531.80 looks to tick any "genuine" boxes I have checked so far.
I think the next step will be to get it and have the movement checked.

Thanks again.
-fm

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for all the help.
Had the case opened, checked out, serial of movement matched also, so obviously I purchased. Delighted owner of a 2531.80 in very very good condition for its age.

Thanks again to watchuseek members...
-fm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts