WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

1M views 5K replies 606 participants last post by  erichpryde 
Have been enjoying the 300MC for several months and got the chance to pick up a fully brushed bracelet. The Spectre limited edition STZ003191 + STZ003185 bracelet can be found relatively easily and I was quoted $770USD from boutique (around $990USD for the PCL STZ001145 IIRC). I'm definitely liking the fully brushed bracelet more but it's nice to have both to easily swap for more dressy occasions. I'm biased to the BCL having the vintage submariner fully brushed look and loving it (i.e. 5513).

I did definitely enjoy the look of the PCLs at certain times but found myself longing for the BCLs and finally got a new complete bracelet. I don't think it throws off the symmetry with the top of the polished lugs and I think it actually looks better. I'll see how long it will take me to see how long it takes for the branded "007" on the STZ003191 clasp to bother me given I don't have the limited edition watch case and I end up replacing with a new STZ001145 clasp.]

Looks great and nice to have options! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Cheers,
Rob
on Instagram: @buchmann.69

The Omega Boutique and the Rolex AD are next to each other in the South Coast Plaza so I tried on the Submariner and both the Seamaster 300 in steel and 300TI. All three watches sit on my wrist the same and feel very similar. However, I prefer the 300TI over the other two watches. The reason being is the TI's weight in comparison to the Seamaster 300 in steel or the Sub. The TI definitely feels light and similar to my Breiting Aerospace EVO which is of course a titanium watch.

I definitely prefer the co-axial movement over the 3135 and this is based on my experience with the two movements. Both of these movements are far more accurate out of the box then my DateJust and previous Submariner. I currently have the 8500 in a 42MM PLANET OCEAN 600M on a steel bracelet and the 2500 Steel on rubber strap Planet Ocean 2909.50.82. I rarely were the Planet Ocean 600 because it's top heavy and not really comfortable.
I love the lightness of the titanium model!

Aside from its good looks, I purchased the titanium model mainly because of how light and comfortable it wears.

Cheers,
Rob

It felt impossibly light when I tried it on. Totally agree about Omega doing blue very well!

I may have to make a trip to a boutique again soon. I'll wait for May 14th event first though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I already loved it for the beautiful blue, clean dial, all around good looks, but the lightness clinched it for me! It's a nice change from my other, heavier divers, a unique addition I always enjoy on the wrist!

The faux lume is a valid point, but it grew on me and I like it now.

Cheers,
Rob

Basically yes. They've done their event for retailers. This one will be for watch press. Lots of chatter on OF about it. People who know AD's who went.

something to look forward to, hopefully, after the lackluster Baselworld.

Thanks Dan!

Cheers,
Rob

Ok, so I dropped Raynald (Omega CEO) a DM on Instagram. The precious metal 300's are only temporarily off the website due to delay in production.

We spoke about orange ceramic to which he replied "hard work for orange, this is a secret" fingers crossed for future orange [emoji16]

...this is a secret no more. [emoji12] here's to hoping [emoji521][emoji521][emoji521]

Cheers,
Rob
https://www.instagram.com/buchmann.69/

Indeed it does. I'm guessing it's the strap from the new 43.5mm ceramic and titanium version which has 21mm lugs. Awaiting confirmation of that.

Oh exciting!

I like that rubber strap and it comes in blue for my titanium 300.

Hoping it all comes together, but we need more and better pics...

Thanks Dan!

Cheers,
Rob
https://www.instagram.com/buchmann.69/