WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Owner's Thread

1M views 5K replies 606 participants last post by  erichpryde 
Guys I don't wish to hijack this thread but I'm having a bit of a conundrum. I want a 300 but I cannot decide between the steel and the steel/Sedna gold. Cost isn't a factor. I currently have my POLMLE, sub 114060 no date and the 38.5mm "Skyfall" AT. I seldom wear the AT and it will be on the block soon, the sub draws too much attention, both positive and some not so and the PO well I love it. Sooooo would the PO and the 300 steel make a perfect diver twosome or should I go gold for a bit of dressy/vintage? I have to admit I would probably put the gold on a strap of some sort? The standard steel would live on a NATO. Cheers and of course I have a few photos from the other day when I checked out both :)

A man sharing the same pain as me!! o|

I need to stop looking at the pictures of the Ti Blue. I love the black and wasn't even considering the blue, but then read that Grade 5 Ti might be more scratch resistant. Now the blue has really grown on me, even though I've heard more opinions that the titanium bracelet will not be more scratch resistant. The weight difference is cool, but the price difference is significant.

So just when I think I'm set on my decision, another picture pops up of the Ti Blue, and I'm confused all over again, lol. Oh well, it's a can't go wrong situation, so I'll take my time with it.

-Z

Gorgeous watch there!! I've tried that one on several times but can't decide if I'm ready for some gold in my life yet. I must say that I think Omega have done a nicer job with a two tone than Rolex. The Sedna is a more elegant colour and not so "in your face" Be nice to see that on a plain black OEM NATO :)

My attempt with a beauty shot with the 10:10 hands, under an overcast sky (less harsh light bouncing off the watch).

View attachment 5416002

Initial thoughts:
1. Love the PCLs! No other way of executing two tone I guess.
2. I like that the second hand of the two tone is not white but also Sedna.
3. Don't see anything wrong with the hour markers. It's a very subtle cream color not like the oversaturated orange in the product shots. I don't think of it as a "fauxtina", rather just "differently colored lume".
4. Like the slightly slower vph of the movement, analogous to having an Audi diesel, a lower rpm doesn't necessarily mean lower performance.
5. Truth be told, when I was picking this up at the boutique, I also looked at a sapphire Moonwatch and I STRUGGLED in choosing what to get! To borrow a word from Jake B's vocabulary, the SM300 and the moonwatch are both brutal!

Some nitpicking:
1. the plastic protecting the PCLs left some goo, that I had to wash the watch in with mild soap to get it to shine like this.
2. My bezel is a bit misaligned. Decided to live with it though. Not planning on exchanging or having it fixed.

Overall still giddy with bagging my grail, and trying not to think about the three others in my wishlist: a Sea-Dweller 4000 (grail), the sapphire Moonwatch (grail) and an Oris Big Crown ProPilot (nice to have tool watch/beater has 100% brushed case/bracelet)

Btw, did anyone else notice that the sapphire case back is slightly domed?

So today I visited the Omega boutique on Oxford Street opposite Selfridges. My intention was to try and choose an SM300 With the view to picking one up on my birthday in a couple of weeks.

Naturally the store was advertising the Spectre version with one piece on bracelet and one on NATO strap as well as Bond theme songs playing non stop. First stop was to try out the Spectre. In person the logo doesn't look anywhere near as large but still without the "12" on the dial it looks unbalanced to me. The lollipop second hand really is perfect though. Really really like it.
The brushed bracelet really looks good and on NATO it feels so comfy too.

On bracelet.

On NATO.

Next up was the regular steel version. I shan't bore you all with photos. It's a beauty, nice weight etc, will look great on a NATO or pretty much any other strap for that matter. Hmmmmm.....but......

The blue Ti version.....

On bracelet.

It's light, beautiful blue, different in a good way. Would compliment my POLMLE and SubC ND. But......would I tire of the blue? What about OEM NATO options? Brown leather perhaps? Not really me? Then....eureka!!!! I looked in the display case and they had the new Good Planet titanium AT. Not the 3 hand 38.5mm guys. Sorry. It was the 43mm GMT version. I remembered that it has 21mm lugs the same as the SM300 and after a five minute wait this was bestowed upon me. It's the gorgeous cordura nylon strap with contrast white stitching with a Ti deployant clasp. I think it's pretty much a winner but I also wonder about getting the DSOTM black cordura and putting that on the regular steel version. Some pics and then guys please give your opinions on what I should get remembering I have the POLMLE and SubC ND.

Black or Blue???

Can we see a shot of the dial with the NATO please Morris?

I've got mine on the omega NATO as well. To be honest I have mixed feelings about it. It is comfortable and looks cool but It makes the watch sit a little too tall for my liking, the lugs seem to be too far from my wrist. However I will keep it as it's going to save my bracelet quite a few scratches when I take this watch on holidays to the beach / coast. My bracelet clasp unfortunately did notch up a few scratches during my last holiday. Sand can be a bit of a killer on clasps! It also seems to be a better option if you wear the watch over a wetsuit when diving. So I think I will use it as it was intended.. For action stuff!! View attachment 5848546