WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

181 - 200 of 3832 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Oh man, this is going to be a very expensive thread for me...I will have to pick up a 300 MCA some day...but I'll wait to get one used....
by the way, I've been successful brushing my own bracelets myself using Scotchbrite brushes on an electric handpiece (similar to a Dremel)

·
Registered
5,470 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Does anybody know where I can get thin, high-quality NATO straps online? Once I have the Omega Bond, I'd like to have some more quick-change choices, but I don't want anything that's too thick so it doesn't raise the watch too much from the wrist. Plus Omega wants about 300$ for a NATO, so the Bond will remain my only OEM :)

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Phoenix straps from monkeyswag.com perhaps. I am not sure if they are particularly thin though..
I'm spoiled by the strap Tudor includes with the Heritage Chrono line. It's not really a NATO (it's still attached with spring bars) but it does wrap underneath the watch. It's so waver thin, it barely adds half a mm to the thickness of the watch. I understand it's woven from silk by some French company. One of those for the 300mc would be the ultimate strap for me. I wish there was some American or European company that can make really thin, high-quality after-market straps.

·
Premium Member
30,177 Posts
I'm spoiled by the strap Tudor includes with the Heritage Chrono line. It's not really a NATO (it's still attached with spring bars) but it does wrap underneath the watch. It's so waver thin, it barely adds half a mm to the thickness of the watch. I understand it's woven from silk by some French company. One of those for the 300mc would be the ultimate strap for me. I wish there was some American or European company that can make really thin, high-quality after-market straps.
Kobold makes a canvas strap that works just like the Tudor. 22mm would compress easily onto the 300mc. They actually support better than the Tudor. I have had both.
Later I may post a pic on another watch.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
Does anybody know where I can get thin, high-quality NATO straps online? Once I have the Omega Bond, I'd like to have some more quick-change choices, but I don't want anything that's too thick so it doesn't raise the watch too much from the wrist. Plus Omega wants about 300$ for a NATO, so the Bond will remain my only OEM :)
I don't do NATO because I don't want to risk damaging the case back nor cover up the view of the gorgeous movement.

The Bond NATO looks good on the 300 MC so I began a search for a two-piece Bond strap. I found these on eBay:

I then purchased the Bond shown as my first strap for the 300 MC:

The strap is good quality, thin, cool, and of course, adds no thickness to the watch. For me, the only negative are the keepers which are the bane of all NATO straps.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Kobold makes a canvas strap that works just like the Tudor. 22mm would compress easily onto the 300mc. They actually support better than the Tudor. I have had both.
Later I may post a pic on another watch.
Thanks, exactly what I was looking for!

·
Premium Member
30,177 Posts
Thanks, exactly what I was looking for!
They are great for wrist size 7.25 inches. what is yours?

The bigger problem is getting them. Took me a while (it's not like buying a Kobold watch) and back when I bought quite a few for me and RESCO buddies.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Thanks.. Yes.. It's the Ti one. Loving it. i hardly ever wear any other watch.
And can I assume that the Ti version' blue dial is MATTE, not glossy??...correct me, if I'm wrong, but it looked like the Plat version was glossy.

man, how do you decide between SS and Ti (besides cost, of course)...that will be a tough decision for me...any help?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
And can I assume that the Ti version' blue dial is MATTE, not glossy??...correct me, if I'm wrong, but it looked like the Plat version was glossy.

man, how do you decide between SS and Ti (besides cost, of course)...that will be a tough decision for me...any help?
If you're going to wear it on a bracelet, the Ti might be worth it because it's much lighter. The watch itself is light enough in SS, though, so on a strap, there's no point in paying the premium, IMO.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 ·
I was contemplating a Skyfall when the 300 MC caught my eye. I've owned some blue dialed watches but the Ti blue dial reminded me of the Bond blue of the SMPs. The SMP and 300 Ti blue was what I always thought of as "blah blue". It doesn't jump out like the Skyfall and electric blue.

So I ended up going SS because it was truer to the original. Plus, I've owned Ti and much prefer SS.

But it's your money.

181 - 200 of 3832 Posts