WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

261 - 280 of 3832 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Ah yes, good choice - should have caught that over in the Hamilton section :) Hamilton is among my top three brands, together with Omega and Rolex. They're less pricey but use great movements and are extremely well made. Planning on adding a Chrono to my Hamilton collection again. I have the Khaki Field Auto XL and an intra-matic. Had to sell my Pan Europ Chrono and the three hander Panny to pay for the 300mc :-/

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Holy...Just brutal. Since yesterday morning this watch was waiting for me to come and pick it up but I couldn't escape the heavy business and family workload.

Nearly drove me BONKERS knowing it was sitting downtown, with my name on it...but for 48 hours ONLY with the deadline creeping up!

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
I like them. I think they stay true to the orig. 1950's model. I have some watches with & some without. If I feel like less shine then I'll put it on a strap.

I don't buy the whole "It's less of a tool watch because it has PCLs" It's less of a tool watch if you treat it all funny...It's a tool watch the minute I wear it diving, shooting, and all the other fun stuff that comes in between, whether the middle of the bracelet's brushed or polished.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I like them. I think they stay true to the orig. 1950's model. I have some watches with & some without. If I feel like less shine then I'll put it on a strap.

I don't buy the whole "It's less of a tool watch because it has PCLs" It's less of a tool watch if you treat it all funny...It's a tool watch the minute I wear it diving, shooting, and all the other fun stuff that comes in between, whether the middle of the bracelet's brushed or polished.
Excellent comment. I've taken mine to the gym, swimming (extensively), jogging, biking, hiking. It's a robust tool watch if you need it to be that and it dresses up extremely well if you need that. It's highly versatile. That said, I've been wearing it on a strap from day one because I don't like the PCLs.

261 - 280 of 3832 Posts