WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

281 - 300 of 3832 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
CONGRATS!! Fantastic choice! We all love ours too :) I love the included plastic peeling pics, we all know the giddy feeling that comes with peeling the plastic off that shiny new 300 Master :-D Enjoy your spectacular watch! It will happily accompany you wherever you may choose to take it!

Well...I'm glad that I held out for a decent discount, and THRILLED to have this piece in hand. What a SUPER watch!!!

It showcases all of Omega's recent watchmaking innovations/achievements in one watch....What more you can ask??

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Great to see the love for this watch - it certainly deserves it!
Are you splashing your Seamasters in the sea or leaving them dry?
Mine will go on the annual diving trip off Hainan this summer, along with my TII-Typhoon. The past couple of times the Sub 114060 has taken the high end watch seat on that trip.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thanks, fellas. This one's got me all warm & fuzzy.
Welcome to the club, I haven't gone a day without wearing mine! Great choice & enjoy - cheers!

Reactions: dawiz

·
Registered
228 Posts
As you know, I don't do NATO.

Here again is my 2-piece "Bond NATO" which fits nicely:

I really like this two piece bond NATOs! I like the ability to show the movement, you have peaked my interest once again!! Did you acquire from the boutique? Or another source?

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
I really like this two piece bond NATOs! I like the ability to show the movement, you have peaked my interest once again!! Did you acquire from the boutique? Or another source?
Found it on the famous auction site in these colors:

Do a search for 2 piece NATO.

The best part:

·
Premium Member
4,419 Posts
My inspiration...:p

1960sSM300.jpg

The results...* |>

300long.JPG

300side.JPG

300wrist.JPG

Note: I like the PCL bracelet with micro-adjustment just fine - it feels nice and solid on the wrist. But wow! The tropic wears noticeably lighter and really hugs my wrist. While I didn't/forgot to weigh the watch and bracelet (d'oh!), the watch and tropic tips the scale at 93g; the bracelet alone weighs 82g.

Two words: Loving it!

* 22mm curved ends vintage tropic strap

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
My inspiration...:p

View attachment 4424026

The results...* |>

View attachment 4424034

View attachment 4424042

View attachment 4424050

Note: I like the PCL bracelet with micro-adjustment just fine - it feels nice and solid on the wrist. But wow! The tropic wears noticeably lighter and really hugs my wrist. While I didn't/forgot to weigh the watch and bracelet (d'oh!), the watch and tropic tips the scale at 93g; the bracelet alone weighs 82g.

Two words: Loving it!

* 22mm curved ends vintage tropic strap
Wow, looks awesome! Would you need curved spring bars for that one, or are the holes straight?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Excellent thread guys...thanks for the wonderful eye candy...
***Hey, can anyone who also has an SMP 300 2254.50 post comparison shots with the 300 MCA PLEASE??? I'd like to see how it compares in case thickness and lug length.

·
Premium Member
30,157 Posts
***Hey, can anyone who also has an SMP 300 2254.50 post comparison shots with the 300 MCA PLEASE??? I'd like to see how it compares in case thickness and lug length.
I no longer have 1 to compare with. The 300mc is thicker but the numbers do not work well for comparison. The 300mc has some of the thickness below the lugs which imo makes it wear thinner than expected.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
Sold my 2254.50 when the 300 MC arrived. Sorry but I did not take any comparison shots.

I've owned three 2254.50s and I thought the third one would be the keeper. Wrong!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
i just switched by SM300 back to its bracelet after a few weeks on a leather strap. I must say the bracelet feels great. I feel it results in a more balanced feel to the watch and the ability to micro adjust is just gold to me. Though i found the leather strap comfortable it did feel either a couple of milimetres too tight or too loose when i changed holes. But because the leather made the watch so light i could still easily wear the watch just a tad to loose. I struggled when it was just a bit too tight.

However with the bracelet the perfect fit is possible and the watch also feels more balanced and not a little top heavy. Still i prefer the look of it on the leather strap. i don't mind the look of my PCLs but they seem to attract finger print smudges which does annoy me a bit. if only they did not smudge!! i can live with the fine scratches.

what are the thoughts of others who have tried different straps on this watch? what do you like the look of and what do you find the most comfortable?

1430531795309-2087333222_1430531840976.jpg IMG_20150218_232917_1424262756107.jpg

281 - 300 of 3832 Posts